My Reloop RP7000 DVS Turntable Setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awsome set but wrong statement...
    Good turntable but the OEM turbo-torque will school you with a heavy handed technique...
    And technically the Sl's trumps all HanPin made TT's, so it's not a better version.

On a side-note...placing (tapping) midi-buttons on a (soundwise) fragile device like a TT ? (less from ideal IMHO)
    These statements sound like they've been made by someone with HEAVY hands...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    These statements sound like they've been made by someone with HEAVY hands...
    Don't get it Patch, please explain ?
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Good hand technique means that you don't have to worry about torque, or bashing buttons on a TT chassis.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Good hand technique means that you don't have to worry about torque, or bashing buttons on a TT chassis.
    Hmm..it's normal you adapt to your home rig (espec with scratching), most would agree that the powerhouse torque from the OEM's have the tendency to develop heavy hands. That's why it's (IMHO)more easy to switch from SL to OEM then the other way.

Buttons make mechanical noise...and the TT's case magnifies this. Just for fun, tap with your finger on you SL's when playing audio...you would see that it doesn't need much to hear the tapping. And remember, the SL has the best damping of current TT's (PLX not taken in account, haven't seen the inside yet).

No flame intended and no technics fanboy either but the facts are what they are...
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

What you;re saying makes sense. And anyone with no experience of scratching or button mashing would take it as good advice.

But the truth is - witha little experienec and practice, both of the "problems" you've mentioned can easily be adjusted for.

That's why it's (IMHO)more easy to switch from SL to OEM then the other way.
    This is quite true. i remember when I went from SL'2 to a PDX2000. I could not believe how heavy handed I could be without any skipping!

It's the reason it;'s good to learn on cheaper tables than Technics - you develop a super smooth technique on cheaper tables, that translates really wel when you do buy Tech's.

What you're saying makes sense, and anyone with no experience of scratching or button mashing would take it as good advice.

But the truth is - with a little experience and practice, both of the "problems" you've mentioned can easily be adjusted for.

That's why it's (IMHO)more easy to switch from SL to OEM then the other way.
    This is quite true. I remember when I went from SL's to PDX2000's. I could not believe how heavy handed I could be without any skipping!

It's the reason it's good to learn on cheaper tables than Technics - you develop a super smooth technique on cheaper tables, that translates really well when you do buy Tech's.
    Last edited by Patch; 01-12-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Sick man, but get some colour on those decks with this!!! http://www.native-instruments.com/en...vinyl-colored/

Quote Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
    Sick man, but get some colour on those decks with this!!! http://www.native-instruments.com/en...vinyl-colored/
    Irrelevant. Black is beautiful and that's how 99% of my (real) records are.

Patch and Johnny Drama are true about most Super OEM's aren't damped as much as Technics SL-series. Well there's gotta be a reason why Stanton ST(R)150's weight a ton. Though I don't have enough experience on them with real vinyl. I know for sure that KAM DDX5000's aren't well damped.

But imo: Super OEM > Technics with DVS.
    Technics is better sounding (damped) with real vinyl though.

And then you have another option, the PLX-1000. Sounds much better then a Technics and has a higher torque and the demping on those tables is very good too.
    But the Reloops are just great DVS tables. I love them within DVS setup. For normal vinyl i prefer Technics and the Pioneer PLX-1000's.
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

Quote Originally Posted by D@VE! View Post
    And then you have another option, the PLX-1000. Sounds much better then a Technics...
    Please let me know more. How how have you compared the sound?

Torque is way better, but there's also 10x more wow&flutter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast