My Reloop RP7000 DVS Turntable Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd love to read a review/comparison between RP7000 & PLX1000.

Quote Originally Posted by thugsucker View Post
    Irrelevant. Black is beautiful and that's how 99% of my (real) records are.

Patch and Johnny Drama are true about most Super OEM's aren't damped as much as Technics SL-series. Well there's gotta be a reason why Stanton ST(R)150's weight a ton. Though I don't have enough experience on them with real vinyl. I know for sure that KAM DDX5000's aren't well damped.

But imo: Super OEM > Technics with DVS.
    Technics is better sounding (damped) with real vinyl though.
    But who says you can't add a little bling to setup?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by D@VE! View Post
    And then you have another option, the PLX-1000. Sounds much better then a Technics and has a higher torque and the demping on those tables is very good too.
    But the Reloops are just great DVS tables. I love them within DVS setup. For normal vinyl i prefer Technics and the Pioneer PLX-1000's.
    I doubt anyone here could tell an audible difference between ten different models of TT using the same record and cart.

To say the PLX1000 sounds much better is kind of silly, especially seeing as its technically inferior in many ways.

technically inferior you say? Yes in many way's but with the sound engineering it's a whole different ball game. There is just so much more detail in the PLX-1000. And yes, i used the same record and same needle, even the same cables. I connected them both to my mixer and straight to my amplifier in my living room.
    After that a carried a third table in, the old trusty SL1200 and yes, the PLX sounded much brighter then it. So i prefer the PLX in sound quality over bold of them.
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

Tech Guru

technically inferior you say? Yes in many way's but with the sound engineering it's a whole different ball game. There is just so much more detail in the PLX-1000. And yes, i used the same record and same needle, even the same cables. I connected them both to my mixer and straight to my amplifier in my living room.
    After that a carried a third table in, the old trusty SL1200 and yes, the PLX sounded much brighter then it. So i prefer the PLX in sound quality over bold of them.
    Sure. I know you think there is a difference, but thats just a test of confirmation bias and preference, not a test of audio quality.

Im quite sure you wouldnt be able to tell the difference in a blind test.

So, you're saying that there can't be any difference? Did you test them yourself? What are your arguments for it, other then reading about them?
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

Tech Convert

So, you're saying that there can't be any difference? Did you test them yourself? What are your arguments for it, other then reading about them?
    I think what he is trying to say is that "you want it to be a difference". Witch basically means if you did the same thing blindfolded not knowing what TT was playing you would not hear a difference.

Personally I have no idea, there probably is a difference yes, but I don't think is very noticeable. I have not tried any other TT than Technics and the RP-7000 so I can't come with personal experience though.

Tech Guru

Listening to one TT and then the other TT, and deciding which one is better is just an opinion taking place in your brain. It certainly doesnt mean there is any sound quality difference. Most often people thing the louder one is the best sounding one.

Its fine you have a preference, but it looked like you were claiming the PLX is an objectively better sounding TT than the Technics.

The only way to avoid bias is to have someone else run the test and you not have any idea which TT is which. Even better if the tester also doesnt know which is which.

Otherwise, you will always subconsciously pick the one you prefer, but thats not necessarily the one that objectively sounds best.

These links will give you the goods:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoacoustics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_equipment_testing
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 01-14-2015 at 05:44 PM.

I know exactly what your talking about, and i now my bit of the audio world. But trust me, there is a sound difference. And just it's a matter of personal taste but there is definitely an difference in sound.
    We did an A/B A direct A/B on the mixer. And we recorded them and then played it back. And i'm not talking about higher volumes or stuf. I'm talking in frequency's. But if you don't believe me, try for yourself.
    And i'm not saying that the other tables do not deliver a nice sound. But for me personally the PLX just sound better and te guy's i'm working with will say the same thing about it.
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

With such setup it is not possible to handle:

A. Loop
    B. Loop Roll (Flux mode)
    C. Sampler
    D. Hot Cues

Is that right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast