Coursera Intro to Ableton, Free class (Feb 2-27) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I missed these, but am currently watching as many of the free ones on youtube that I can find.

Is it worth me just paying a company like Point Blank in the UK, or anyone really?

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmDeXXX View Post
    I missed these, but am currently watching as many of the free ones on youtube that I can find.

Is it worth me just paying a company like Point Blank in the UK, or anyone really?
    Honestly no, you can learn everything you need to know online without having to pay thousands. Personally I learned on my own and I consider myself to be rather decent. Watch a lot of Ableton intro videos to get to know the basics, then start doing it on your own and when you run into a specific issue just Google it and 99% of the time you find out how to do what you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Honestly no, you can learn everything you need to know online without having to pay thousands. Personally I learned on my own and I consider myself to be rather decent. Watch a lot of Ableton intro videos to get to know the basics, then start doing it on your own and when you run into a specific issue just Google it and 99% of the time you find out how to do what you want to.
    Are there any particular sources which are preferable over others? I want to learn, and learn good..! thanks
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

I mean I signed up for Sonic Academy for a month, and crammed it all in and cancelled the subscription after. It's only $40.

Youtube has plenty of lessons available that are all similar. Look up Dubspot, Point Blank, etc and see what free videos they have. I spent hours cramming and searching with no help from anyone, just get out there and take in all you can.

Here, this person has a series of learning Ableton that appears to be decent.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmDeXXX View Post

No. There is another Coursera class starting "now" (April 21) that will cover the basics of music production. This appears to be DAW agnostic...but will cover the use of the common tools that are provided by a DAW for music production. Given the start date...I'd say start with this one.

https://www.coursera.org/course/musicproduction

There is another on Developing your Musicanship that would also be helpful for anyone who is getting into music production. This class also starts on April 21.

https://www.coursera.org/course/musicianship
    Last edited by soundinmotiondj; 04-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Thanks very much for that info Kwal
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 04-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Thanks very much for that info Kwal
    Anytime man if you ever run into something that you can't get help on just PM me and I can try my best to help

Thanks man, I'm an infant with ableton.. but ya gotta start somewhere.

Thanks man, I'm an infant with ableton.. but ya gotta start somewhere.
    My first piece of advice is to not overload yourself with VSTs and such. Just because your fav producer uses Massive and you have Sylenth doesn't mean you're going to drop $200 and be as good as him.

Just an example of course. I made a few sample packs and they're in this Ableton sub forum if you want some quality free stuff to get you going with beat making. Just don't think expanding your tool kit will make you better because it will just overwhelm you and prevent you from making progress. Learn what your DAW has first and how it works, then move on.

e/
    Here:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=86308

Are there any particular sources which are preferable over others? I want to learn, and learn good..! thanks
    airbasemusic used to have tutorials, i dunno if he still has. I also used to post stuff, i may start doing that again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast