Mister Mac's Custom DJ Console (Home/Studio) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wow! Custum made desk looks awesome.

Tech Convert

one pic i saw a mixer with blank face? or was it just knob cabs on a flat surface?

Tech Wizard

It is the purest and seen so far, including the lollipop , I Facino

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by peyote View Post
    one pic i saw a mixer with blank face? or was it just knob cabs on a flat surface?
    Hi - Here's response to similar inquiry on other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    and let me ask. Theres like some kind of hidden mixer in the most recent photo? How? That is too cool!
    Not yet, but there will be, at least that's the plan. What you see above is just a mockup layout for now to get a feel for positions, spacing, ergonomics, etc. in preparation for doing a custom stealth mixer that'll be integrated into a custom console similar to this one for sale. Mixer's electronic components would be hidden by being installed backloaded underneath the console's top work surface so that all that protrudes are the actual controls and metering. Finished product will look basically like what you see above – super clean, uncluttered, minimal design with no visible chassis and no labeling of familiarized controls anywhere on top work surface either since it's only for personal use in home studio. Here's a peek at the custom portable mixer that's being designed that'll be the basis for the guts of the permanent application mixer for the next console project if all goes as planned.

Custom 2-channel/6-source analog rotary mixer concept. Feature highlights include master 3-band isolator, true-cut 2-band channel EQs, selectable high-pass / low/high-pass / low-pass channel filters with on/off and variable controls, variable cue blend, two phono-level source inputs (one per channel), four line-level source inputs (two per channel), fixed-level unbalanced record outputs (RCA), variable-level balanced master and monitor outputs (XLR), variable-level headphone output (TRS), analog L/R channel meters, black anodized aluminum chassis, solid mahogany side panels.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    How do you like the Rane MP 2015 build quality.
    Love it. IMO it's the best production mixer currently on the market. Have to admit to being somewhat skeptical about a 100% digital mixer sounding as good as it does, but it does, effortlessly. Rane hit a grand slam home run with the MP2015. Its dynamic range/headroom, sound quality, build quality, precision control, flexibility, etc. are all on a another level. Nothing else comes close except for a few vintage rotary models and a handful of custom crafted boutique mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    I was absolutely stoked by all the pictures and videos. But when I finally had one in hand I was pretty dissapointed. The knobs feel plasticy and fall off very easy, the 'feel' of these big knobs is not nearly as smooth and nice as I expected it. On 3 of the knobs the silver cap on top already fell off. Sound is great... but not really 3.4k Euro nice (3.8k $ ... yep thats the price in europe) Overall its a nice product, but for that price I expected way way way more!
    Hmmmm, that sounds very strange. Have not had anywhere close to that experience at all. All the knobs are super solid and feel fantastic. Just the right amount of resistance IMO. Not sure how any of them could just fall off as they all require quite a strong pull to remove. Guessing something must've been pretty funky with the one you used. Zero complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by [O/][iii][O/] View Post
    Custom 2-channel/6-source analog rotary mixer concept. Feature highlights include master 3-band isolator, true-cut 2-band channel EQs, selectable high-pass / low/high-pass / low-pass channel filters with on/off and variable controls, variable cue blend, two phono-level source inputs (one per channel), four line-level source inputs (two per channel), fixed-level unbalanced record outputs (RCA), variable-level balanced master and monitor outputs (XLR), variable-level headphone output (TRS), analog L/R channel meters, black anodized aluminum chassis, solid mahogany side panels.
    Have you seen this: http://superstereo.co.uk/dn78-phantom-valve-series/ ?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Yep, been tracking SS's projects for several years now. Great stuff!

Slick!

OMG this looks amazing!!!, would you consider the new Rane as the "natural" upgrade after the Empath Rotary? I ask you because i love mine, love it so much i sold my xone 92 to get the emphat and as soon as i did i started enjoying djing again. For me it seems as the simple my setup became (only mixer, turntables, cdj 1000 plus a isolator) i started djing with the same love that got me into it FOR THE MUSIC!!! Anyway amazing setup you have, enjoy!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

OMG this looks amazing!!!, would you consider the new Rane as the "natural" upgrade after the Empath Rotary? I ask you because i love mine, love it so much i sold my xone 92 to get the emphat and as soon as i did i started enjoying djing again. For me it seems as the simple my setup became (only mixer, turntables, cdj 1000 plus a isolator) i started djing with the same love that got me into it FOR THE MUSIC!!! Anyway amazing setup you have, enjoy!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast