Update: you may only post in the Buy & Sell forum if you have more than 50 forum post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update: you may only post in the Buy & Sell forum if you have more than 50 forum post

Update: you may only post in the Buy & Sell forum if you have more than 50 forum posts.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

sounds legit
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I think it should be higher honestly

In addition to not being able to post, you also cannot browse photos contained within posts in the buy/sell section.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskiguy21 View Post
    In addition to not being able to post, you also cannot browse photos contained within posts in the buy/sell section.
    im cool with the first thing, 50 posts is fine, but if new users cant view photos...than we just became an elitist forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    im cool with the first thing, 50 posts is fine, but if new users cant view photos...than we just became an elitist forum.
    I wouldn't call it elitist, I see it more as a precaution. Selling/buying gear on this website is a privilege so I'd prefer to keep it for those we know are legit.

We all know that newbie djs are a great way to sell our gear.

But i don't know if i want to see 50 junk posts from all these new djs, just so they can buy a piece of kit. (you know its going to happen)

I already see waay to many "where do i get music?" or "what labels are good?" threads.

Maybe that number needs to be a bit more balanced. IDK just a thought...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

We decided this after a few scam attempts from low post count users. DJTT can't really help anyone once this happened (you should stick to using safe payment methods such as PayPal and NEVER send money as a gift) so we just want to prevent this from happening again.

Post spamming is still being monitored as usual and anyone who is caught doing this to get a listing up will be reset back to 0 post and face a temporary ban, if you join our forums just to buy/sell something then you are most likely better off shopping from ebay/craiglist. Rather than force people to post junk to get to that number we'd like to encourage them to contribute in a meaningful way.

Still, we are always open to community feedback so please keep it coming!
    Last edited by padi_04; 01-14-2015 at 02:26 PM.

We all know that newbie djs are a great way to sell our gear.

But i don't know if i want to see 50 junk posts from all these new djs, just so they can buy a piece of kit. (you know its going to happen)

I already see waay to many "where do i get music?" or "what labels are good?" threads.

Maybe that number needs to be a bit more balanced. IDK just a thought...
    Yeah I understand what you mean man. You always bump heads a bit when you need to figure stuff like this out. An old forum I used to visit would require you to donate like $10 to receive access to the subforum. It may seem shitty, but it helps both the website out and it would be a small step to steer away anyone with intentions of scamming.

Why restrict the reading/viewing? Is there a potential way to scam on the buying end? Selling I get, but buying...you don't ship it out until you receive payment and verify it's actual payment?

I see no harm in viewing as it currently is. I'm fine w/ the post count to sell though.

I really should get off my lazy ass and try to sell some of my old gear. It's just burning holes in my wood floors...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast