Best way to transport decks when moving / migrating to another country.

Default Best way to transport decks when moving / migrating to another country.

Good day ladies and gentlemen,

In 4 months, I will be moving from the UK to Malaysia (i have been in the Uk for 4 years for university) and will be going home to Malaysia. I have got quite a lot of equipment, and im pretty clueless on how i am going to transport it all home.

Any ideas guys?

Picture of all my equipment is attached. Thank you.

Fish eye view.jpg

Original packaging.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Damn bro. THis is gonna be an expensive move, but seriously flight cases. Then pack those flight cases inside of cardboard boxes with roughly two inches of space around the entirety. Pack furniture foam in between (Its super cheap. You dont need the expensive stuff).

Make sure to declare the item as Brand - Model Number - Audio Equipment when you purchase your shipping insurance. This will make it way easier if the shipment gets flagged for any reason (Less likely to open up the boxes and fuck up your packaging when putting it all back together).

I wish you to be safe on the move man.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I do have flight cases for all the equipment, thankfully. At the moment, i am choosing between using different shipping services and also considering moving companies, as i could then ship my DJ stuff together with all my other stuff. I will make sure to declare all the stuff as you advised (Wouldnt have thought of that to be honest). thanks man!

Tech Guru

Yea... flight cases. It might actually be cheaper to carry them with you on the plane. Each one will cosst like 35-40 on average by plane while shipping in a flight case internationally might be close to 80-100 each.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Just another point on this is that you might be liable for Duties, Taxes and Permits (some of your gear I think will fall under the regular "household items") and all electrical items requires an Import Permit.

Apparently they do go though everything 100% - the vinyl might even be subject to censorship

The turntables and monitors should not be really an issue but some of the other stuff might be a PITA.

http://webportal.atlasintl.com/Custo...s/malaysia.pdf

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Original packaging.
    God no. Flight cases or you might as well just have the fun of smashing your gear yourself before the baggage handlers do.

Tech Mentor

flight case, be sure to lock the tonearm down.

Tech Wizard

I moved my gear from Australia to the US and then back using a coffin/flight case. No issues.

I made sure I wrote down that it was personal equipment being shipped back to myself so I didn't get stung with import taxes, etc.
    TSP 2.1.2, Audio8, Macbook Pro i7, OSX 10.6.8

Consider selling some of the stuff. It might be easier to buy it again used afterwards.