Another in the market for a laptop thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    I had an older HP laptop (2005-06ish) that the screen failed after 14 months. I opened it up to try and see what the issue was and to look into replacing the screen only to notice the heat from the laptop had melted the connections between the laptop and the screen. Further research told me this was actually a known fault in the laptop. This was a $3000 AUD laptop. Like I said I've had some bad luck with PCs.
    Yeah, unfortunately HP laptops are the worst ever. Ive had more problems dealing with them than any other brand, Toshiba being second and Sony being third.

Dells and Lenovos and Asus are very reliable these days. Apple is in the same tier.

Ive been dealing with Apple since the 90s, they have released their fair share of lemons, dont you worry.

Fact: Apple computers are made from the same exact hardware as PC's, so essentially, you are using the same machines
    Fact: For the price of a Mac, you can get several PC laptops over the course of a single macs lifespan for the same money
    Fact: Most issues with PC laptops are in fact user error.

With those facts stated, I use a mac. I have a steady gig, a fulltime job, two kids, and a wife to take care of. In my personal life, I don't have time to fix the user errors, and do the tweaks required for the PC's I have come across. With my mac, I simply installed the programs, and used them with no tweaking necessary. They all work, with no issues. The only issue I've had was recent, and I'm fairly sure it ended up being a worn USB cable I've been using for years.

Then there is the customer service aspect of Apple. I once (very stupidly) placed my mac on top of a sub after a set. In a couple minutes, it "walked" off the edge, and fell top side down onto a metal bar. This dented it, and caused an issue with the screen. Apple replaced it at no cost to me. No questions asked.

Is Mac worth the extra money? It's a personal question which has no right answer. Look at peoples experiences with Mac and PC, and figure out which of those experiences is more aligned with your needs and lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    That doesnt make any sense. Theres no such thing as "mismatched" hardware in a PC. This is the sort of factoid Mac users often throw around. A part is either compatible or not. Ive never come across a laptop with incompatible hardware.
    Incompatible might be the wrong word, but unsuitable definitely springs to mind.

Take the first batch of laptops with P4 processors in the early 2000s.

I'm no anti-pc person at all. For certain applications PCs shit on macs, but I've just had way less issues with macs, particularly in regards to music/dj. Maybe its OSX, maybe its the hardware, maybe its the more rigorous QC testing in development (I'm assuming this happens as opposed to the smaller guys who don't have access to the resources).... Maybe its just luck.

Oh. I've had more issues with Dell then any tech company I can imagine. Absolute trash.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Fact: For the price of a Mac, you can get several PC laptops over the course of a single macs lifespan for the same money
    This.

Tech Guru

If you buy a laptop, stick with ASUS, Lenovo, and maybe high end Dells. HP is TERRIBLE.

That said, if you are going to be producing, I think it's worth buying the Mac. I game so I stick with Windows.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123