Traktor S2 Repair?

Default Traktor S2 Repair?

Howdy gang!

First time poster, long time reader here with a question.

My Traktor S2 Mk1 took a nose dive on New Years and now the RCAs are putting out a serious hum. I think the impact knocked the solder off a contact. I can use the 1/4" outputs just fine, and even use mono plug to RCAs as well.

Question is, should I bother trying to repair (self or otherwise) the unit or just wait for the unit to die as the cost of a new unit may only be twice the cost of repair? Anyone know the concrete cost of repair?

Many thanks!

J

Tech Guru

I wouldn't bother repairing it if the 1/4s are fine. Repair costs are kinda ridiculous. Only worth it if you have catastrophic damage.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Would View Post
    My Traktor S2 Mk1 took a nose dive on New Years and now the RCAs are putting out a serious hum. I think the impact knocked the solder off a contact.
    Crack it open and take a look. A broken solder joint is trivial to fix with even a $10 soldering iron. If the issue isn't "obvious" you can always just put it back together and live with the 1/4" jacks.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Guru

Dunno. Their solder is a PITA. Some of their components I could not remove at ALL.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior