DJM800 Send/Return Changes Cue Sound
    Tech Guru

Default DJM800 Send/Return Changes Cue Sound

I just got my RMX-1000, and I'm noticing that when I have my send/return toggled on, the headphone cue sounds different. It sounds processed in a way I can't really describe. My RMX-1000 is completely off as well.

The thing that really confuses me though is that even though I hear this difference in my headphones, I'm not hearing any difference in my monitors.

Bad mixer? Something that happens on all mixers?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Unplug the RMX but connect send/return RCA's with a cable. If it still sounds processed it's the signal path in the mixer, something degrades it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Okay, thanks.

Didn't think of that.

Did it and started messing around with stuff. Figured out that it only happens when both the cue on the master and channel are on (channel is on). Is this normal or do I need to worry about my mixer? I figure it's just an echo effect that happens because of the send/return lag.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Okay, thanks.

Didn't think of that.

Did it and started messing around with stuff. Figured out that it only happens when both the cue on the master and channel are on (channel is on). Is this normal or do I need to worry about my mixer? I figure it's just an echo effect that happens because of the send/return lag.
    Yeah, makes sense. Why do you need to have both cue on ch and master engaged?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

It's just for when I am bringing in the track. I usually don't turn off the cue of the channel until the other track is done, and cue on the master is always on.

I've never noticed it until I start to bring in tracks which makes sense now.