Mixed In Key 7 - Set Cue Points
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixed In Key 7 - Set Cue Points

Hey guys,

So I just updated my MIK 5 to 7. I was interested in the automatic cue points. Now, before you go on a rant about how it's taking away the essence of DJing and all the criticism, I figured it was a great tool to have cues done for us so we can spend more time on other important aspects of DJing.

Anyway, I downloaded and reanalyzed all my tracks (took a total of 4 hours) and in the interface displayed how many cue points on each track. I then uploaded them into Serato, later to find out that 50% of my songs were correctly cued and the other 50% with half a beat off on the grid. There was an option to leave the original cue points on songs I have done in the past so those were not affected. I am wondering has anyone had this same problem after downloading the new MIK 7? I have reached out to the MIK community and it seems like a few have similar issues.
    Last edited by sicnarf033; 01-16-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    DJ: Pioneer DDJ-SX // Sennheiser HD 8 DJ
    Production: Macbook 15" // Ableton // M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Keyboard // KRK Rokit 5 x2
    Soundcloud ii My Setup

Will let you k ow tonight when re analyze files

Tech Guru

Yeah what a great update just watched the video out of my gmail account. Will definitely be a time saver! Wish Traktor wold implement this in an update.

Just doing a small batch to test doing roughly 200

Not overly impressed first track I picked it did wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Not overly impressed first track I picked it did wrong
    yeah at first glance, seems like a great time saver but its still very buggy. im sure they will fix it in firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    Yeah what a great update just watched the video out of my gmail account. Will definitely be a time saver! Wish Traktor wold implement this in an update.
    MIK7 will set cue for both Serato and Traktor.
    Last edited by sicnarf033; 01-17-2015 at 11:38 AM.
    DJ: Pioneer DDJ-SX // Sennheiser HD 8 DJ
    Production: Macbook 15" // Ableton // M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Keyboard // KRK Rokit 5 x2
    Soundcloud ii My Setup

Yeah it was generally off on most tracks and I wish there was a way to specify how to set them... And how many and where like set at 64 128 192

Tech Wizard

Almost did the upgrade for this reason. Not because I need help with the cue points, I just thought it was finally a cool enough feature to be worth the upgrade. Going to wait until they fix the bugs on this one.

Well my guess is they are usuing flows down beat detection which is roughly 50% accurate in my experience so until that gets resolved it'll be an issue I'm guessing

Aren't you supposed to analyse the track in your software (Traktor/Serato) to ensure that the downbeat/beat 1 is already set before you run tracks through MiK?

I'm sure I read that recently...?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast