T pro glitches
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T pro glitches

Default T pro glitches

A few simpleton questions.

Ive noticed that sometimes whist using Traktor pro without using a controller that I sometimes get glitches or there seems to be a momentary pause in a track. This seems to happened more frequently when switching between effects.

Why is this?

Im using a Mac book running 10.5.5. and all my tracks are 320kps bought in Beatport. I recently cleared my track collection, then ran 1 track from my itunes and the problem was still there.

My Traktor pro is still ver 1.0.2.011, should I upgrade this?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I would say upgrade to 1.2.1, maybe wait a bit for 1.2.2. I had some weird lockups last night (on 1.2.1) and I need to troubleshoot this before my next gig. It's kind of scary, heh.

Is your controller also your audio interface?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thats the thing, im not using a controller, this is just using traktor with only my notebook, didnt bother me so much before as Traktor was just another thing I bought that I only used every so often, now ive ordered my VC! and other gear and want to get serious...

I know if I dont somehow solve this problem it will send me mental.

I cant imagine what it must be like for those that are gigging with it and it starts dropping out.

Tech Wizard

Hi Xolunt

This brings back memories (how quickly has this year gone!) - I had this happen to me when I was using 1.0.x of traktor with Tiger - I must have used up all my luck points on getting a xone 4d that worked out of the box because this plagued me until 1.1 was released. The issue affected me whether i was using the controller or not (when just using the mac standalone with headphones for practice). Upping the latency value for the virtual decks seemed to improve the situation (11.5ms) but it never fully went away until I upgraded.

I noticed though that even though the audio would freeze it didn't affect internal recording. So at least I was able to get some mixes down. Obviously couldn't risk playing out with it though- thankfully that changed for me with 1.1.1 and has been solid as a rock. Haven't moved to 1.2 yet because of the feedback I've read but would appreciate anyone's comments on 1.2.2 and whether it's wise to move to that version.

Unless you can get 1.1.1 through service centre (does NI hold prev versions?) then I'd personally go to 1.2.2 asap regardless of the feedback as it will only be am improvement on what you have now (he says wondering if there are any other "features" waiting for us :-)

Good luck buddy

Q

i get a simialr thing if i'm fiddling with 3.4 using the internal soundcard and my mouse (sometimes just can't be arsed to go up the stairs and connect it all). i've put it down to the soundcard not being as good as the audio interface.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I had some weird lockups last night (on 1.2.1) and I need to troubleshoot this before my next gig. It's kind of scary, heh.
    i get the odd lock up occasionally, screen freezes but everything keeps playing, find if i turn the vci off and on again it clears. not a big problem unless i'm coming to the end of a transition

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i get the odd lock up occasionally, screen freezes but everything keeps playing, find if i turn the vci off and on again it clears. not a big problem unless i'm coming to the end of a transition
    Yeah I used to get that one. This was weird, though. I moved my jogwheel and all of a sudden I got an error "Traktor has performed blah blah blah and must shut down". Closed it, Bomes and restarted my VCI and everything worked fine.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

damn, that's not good

SoundCloud

Yeah, going to have to sit down and test it out soon. But, regardless, let's end this hijack.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yes, i seem to do too much of that on here....

but i'm still sticking with my 'internal soundcard not being up to the job' theory with regards to the actual topic

SoundCloud

And I agree
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast