Pioneer XDJ-RX - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer XDJ-RX

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Yeah I suspect I'd have to have multiple USB drives likely to get it to work right I don't know will have to wait and see
    you don't have to necassarily use a USB stick. USB hard-drives work too as long as they are formatted properly (FAT32 or NTFS+). grab an external 1tb hard-drive and you're good to go

Tech Guru

IMO its a great all in one home studio/bedroom dj solution for those wanting to use rekordbox/mp3s when they play out but don't want to fork out for the latest CDJs or XDJ1000s
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    you don't have to necassarily use a USB stick. USB hard-drives work too as long as they are formatted properly (FAT32 or NTFS+). grab an external 1tb hard-drive and you're good to go
    Yup I know I meant because of the track limit with it would need multiple

You better get used to it because every bar/smaller venue will have one of these.

plus you now can bring a thumbdrive with you everywhere and jump on the decks.

Anywhere in the world.

Tech Mentor

So, first units have been shipped. Anyone here who has received his/hers? I'm really curious how it works. I figured about 50 to 75 are sold in my country already, and I have seen 1 complaint thus far (jog wheel doesn't respond properly), so it's looking like they put out a good product.

Looking to hear your opinions about this as I'm still contemplating getting one, but I need it to be with as little faults as possible

Tech Mentor

I can't get behind this product just yet.
    I think the cost is too steep. Rather buy an SZ or stick with my SX2 until this gets more full featured.
    I don't mind paying for the right product, this just isn't it right now.
    Don't think i'm losing out on jobs by having a laptop. Would i like to not use it, sure but this product needs more!
    I'd like a dedicated mini screen just for browsing. See my playlist so i know what's coming at all times

I just want to not be reliant on a laptop that's why even the nv although really snazzy I don't know if I'd consider that a proper replacement for me as I still require a laptop.... Now if numark and serato really wanted to step up their game with an iOS app that can operate by itself based off remote and such that'd be awesome but I can't see it as the nv likely isn't processing any data and it would be soley reliant on the iOS device to... Even then iOS apps aren't always reliable... I'm torn nv or rx ... I don't care too much about features as I love old school style of mixing... And the sleek browsing of tracks and waveforms are just a big bonus

Tech Guru

Lost allot of interest in these once I learn't that you can't play off 2 usb's.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Really? Geez that's kinda a killer for if you wanted to use it for gigs with multiple djs that need to switch off... Maybe an xdj1000 and djm900 is better bet

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast