Is there anbody with experience with the Pioner DJM-T1?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Is there anbody with experience with the Pioner DJM-T1?

I bought the mixer used and it did not come with a copy of traktor, which is fine because I am a Serato user. I was hoping to give traktor a try but whatever. I am having a really hard time getting this mixer mapped to Serato. Not sure what is going on. I would rather tell all my experiences and troubles to someone who might have answers rather than write a novel on this thread. I am not trying to be rude I am just extremely frustrated. Please let me know if you think you can help me. Pretty, pretty please.

Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps!

Tech Wizard

Yeah. I watched this and just about every other tutorial video on youtube. I appreciate your posting it for me but my issues are not addresed in any of them. Thanks though...

Quote Originally Posted by momo217 View Post
    I would rather tell all my experiences and troubles to someone who might have answers rather than write a novel on this thread.!
    This is not how a forum works. Just sayin....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    This is not how a forum works. Just sayin....
    I know... And I wasn't trying trying to sound rude or snotty, which I am sure I came across as. Just my frustration poking through. I have been posting on the Pioneer and Serato forums already with little luck. I love this site and have met some wonderful djs/people through it.

I think what he's saying is that maybe if you asked a question we as a community would be better able to help you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by momo217 View Post
    I know... And I wasn't trying trying to sound rude or snotty, which I am sure I came across as. Just my frustration poking through. I have been posting on the Pioneer and Serato forums already with little luck. I love this site and have met some wonderful djs/people through it.
    You could always copy and paste the text. You only need to type it once

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

First thing. Make sure everything is up to date and search for any already available mappings on the web.
    Second thing. Check the knowledge base - your questions might be already covered in there and so some people wouldn't want to bother answer your own homework.
    Third thing. Call the Customer Support or shoot them an email or video where you clearly explain the issues.
    Test your unit in some MIDI monitor software (MidiOX is free Windows solution) to ensure the messages are being sent to the computer. Without any messages being sent out Serato mapping can't pick up the signals to MIDI learn them.

You should definitely try mapping it With Traktor too. Do you have a friend who runs a Traktor setup?

Also, please do share your thoughts about it...
    I understand that your frustrated (everybody normal would) but with some more input we can at least do ascertain if the issue is the software or hardware nature.

Tech Wizard

Thanks everyone. This might get wordy so bare with me. Before buying the T1 I had a Vestax pmc05 III, Sl1, dicers and Kontrol x1, 2 1200s. This set up worked great with a few issues with serato here and there. When I got the T1, the seller did not include the set up disc or traktor. Just the mixer and control vinyl and cds. I was cool with this and downloaded firmware and drivers from pioneer. Install went great. Tried to run ssl through it and it worked fine. All the problems started when I tried to map the mixer to serato. The midi control light on the top right of the T1 that say ch1 & ch2 will not stay lit unless the inputs are set to usb and then they only stay lit. SSl began running crazy after the mapping started. SSl starting freezing up and crashing. I downloaded a mapping file from serato and I was able to map a couple of things but ssl again would freeze up when trying to map some more things and again when I either used the buttons already mapped or if I do anything else really. I tried updating Ssl and also reinstalled it. I do not have anyone local who I know runs traktor but I am thinking of buying it because I was kinda wanting to try it out anyways but I really like Serato. Also, I don't think its the specs on my PC because its a beast. I haven't pulled the trigger on buying Traktor yet because I am really not looking forward to the transition. I am sure I left a few steps out but that is basically where I am at right now. I love this mixer though. Been using with just straight vinyl and I love the sound and the crossfader on it is great. I would love to use it to it's capacity. Thanks in advance for any input!

Tech Wizard

I think I finally got it working. Is there a way to make the effect be post fader?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast