Rekordbox and CDJ-900NXS (beat grid, slip mode, and cue points)

Default Rekordbox and CDJ-900NXS (beat grid, slip mode, and cue points)

I just joined the forum, and am happy to be here as I've read it a million times. Anyway, I have two questions. My first question is can rekordbox sync tracks by doubling or halving the tempo in a similar way to serato and traktor? If so, can it be done on the fly on the player, or is it something that needs to be done in the analysis/preparation phase by adjusting the beat grid? I ask because the 900's highest beat divide value is 3/4, and syncing one track with another that's double it's tempo, will not allow me create a 1/2 beat divide. My next question is about hot cues. If i put in multiple hot cues while analyzing, will the 900's at least show them? I never juggle hot cues, but I like to have a visual of several potential mix in and out points.

Cofield

Tech Guru

Just use cues instead of hot cues.

Not sure about the doubling and halving. I don't use sync.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jtcofield View Post
    I just joined the forum, and am happy to be here as I've read it a million times. Anyway, I have two questions. My first question is can rekordbox sync tracks by doubling or halving the tempo in a similar way to serato and traktor? If so, can it be done on the fly on the player, or is it something that needs to be done in the analysis/preparation phase by adjusting the beat grid? I ask because the 900's highest beat divide value is 3/4, and syncing one track with another that's double it's tempo, will not allow me create a 1/2 beat divide. My next question is about hot cues. If i put in multiple hot cues while analyzing, will the 900's at least show them? I never juggle hot cues, but I like to have a visual of several potential mix in and out points.

Cofield
    i think it can sync half bmps but ive never tried. drum and bass is often analysed at half bpms.

and you have to set memory points instead of hot cues

How exactly do the memory points work? Do they all show on the display? As far as the beat grid thing goes, I'm pretty sure if i analyze everything from 60-120 BPM I shouldn't get too many issues with double tempos.

THey show up as red/orange markers that you can use the Cue/Loop Call arrows to jump to. It's in the user manual...

Like this image:
    CDJ-2000nexus_Top_Cropped.jpg