How to organize Traktor via iTunes? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schalenberg

Thanks bruuv.

Schalenberg

So I searched the internet wide and far, but couldn't find anything about using the 850s with Traktor Scratch. All I found was a guide provided by Native Instruments on how to use the CDJs in midi mode for Traktor Pro. Is there a difference between using the CDJs in midi as opposed to Scratch? Kinda confused here.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    So I searched the internet wide and far, but couldn't find anything about using the 850s with Traktor Scratch. All I found was a guide provided by Native Instruments on how to use the CDJs in midi mode for Traktor Pro. Is there a difference between using the CDJs in midi as opposed to Scratch? Kinda confused here.
    There is a difference between MIDI and HID!

Back to topic:

make sure iTunes manages your music and copies new tracks in its folders.

in traktor set the iTunesLibrary.xml right AND add the iTunes Music folder (with all tracks inside) to traktorīs preferences.

then activate scan collection on start up AND the option to analyze the tracks on import.

After staring up Traktor make a consistency check manually. All iTunes tracks should be in Traktorīs collection and are to be analyzed.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Schalenberg

Great, looks like it'll do the trick!

Going back to the CDJs, I know the 850s don't support HID. So if I use them in midi, will I have the same control as vinyl within Traktor?

I find the traktor browser and itunes just don't work for me, i know some people hate beatport, but the beatport pro app helps me find things easy enough and helps with track selection with the mood and set time tags

Tech Wizard

One little thing I do which might help folks is I set the 5 stars to the energy level of the track. Make it easy to sort when you're planning the flow your set or on the fly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12