Use quantize without sync

Default Use quantize without sync

Hi guys.

I just bought a ddj sx 2 and it's my first time using serato after using traktor for about 3 years.

Is there a way to have the quantize function work without using the sync function? Traktor is able to do this and i was comfortable using it that way. I like using quantize so that i know my cue points and loops are always at the next beat, but i don't like using any syncing.

Thanks for your help

yeah you just dont turn on sync. theyre 2 seperate things

Note that the quantize is working off the beat grid of the track you're controlling -- for example, if you hit a cue button, it is quantized based on the next beat (or fraction of a beat, if you're using a 1/16, 1/32, etc quantize interval).

What this means is that if you have another track playing, you want to manually beat match first or you'll be quantized to the same interval off-beat. For example, if Track #1 and #2 are playing at the same tempo, but #1 is slightly behind, unless you beat match the two tracks then Track #1 will still be slightly off from #2 even though it is quantized to the beat. Make sense?

Tech Mentor

In SDJ go to Setup > DJ Preferences > Sync Preferences and you'll see a variety of sync behavior options to choose from.