Songs

Thread: Songs

Default Songs

Hi i have a problem.
    How can i see the KBPS before i buy music from i-tunes?
    I use Cdjs 2000 with Record Box program every time if i start mixing some of my songs are 3 min long instead 7 min.
    Thanks in advance.

Schalenberg

All music purchased from iTunes is 256 kbps AAC. They used to use 128 kbps AAC.

If you want to check the bitrate in iTunes, simply left-click and select get info, then select file. It will give you the details about that file.

If you want to display the bitrate, just select the "Songs" display, left click on the header section and select bitrate.

In Rekordbox, it works the same way. Simply click on the header and select what you want to display.

I am not sure why your files are not displaying the proper time duration though. Sometimes that happens because of format compatibility issues or corrupted data with your files.

Personally, I'd purchase music with Google Play and/or Beatport instead of iTunes. They both use 320 kbps MP3.

You shouldn't run into any issues using MP3s.

320 MP3 as far as I k ow contains the exact same artifacting as a 256aac... Also in the near future itunes will be upgraded to their lossless format and everything in your library or matched will be available in the lossless format.... Don't quote me on when but apparently it's soon

Thank you so much guys

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    320 MP3 as far as I k ow contains the exact same artifacting as a 256aac... Also in the near future itunes will be upgraded to their lossless format and everything in your library or matched will be available in the lossless format.... Don't quote me on when but apparently it's soon
    320 kbps MP3 is indistinguishable from lossless for the majority of listeners. In fact, most people can't determine V2/192 kbps MP3 from lossless.

256 kbps AAC is considered comparable to 320 kbps MP3.

I'd really have to see a source for Apple offering lossless before I'd believe anything.

How about if i burn songs as mp3 on a CD and mix my set on Cdjs2000 with cds wuld i have still problems that my songs wont play fulllenght in other words does it stll matter with 320kbps?

Quote Originally Posted by Djpooni View Post
    How about if i burn songs as mp3 on a CD and mix my set on Cdjs2000 with cds wuld i have still problems that my songs wont play fulllenght in other words does it stll matter with 320kbps?
    Converting AAC to MP3 is known as lossy transcoding and it's considered a fairly big no-no.

You'll lose a bit of sound quality doing it. I wouldn't advise it if you are playing out, but if it's just at home, knock yourself out.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, and sorry I can't be of more help. I don't really know Rekordbox well.