Traktor 1.2 not working with maschine? Anyone else have problems?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor 1.2 not working with maschine? Anyone else have problems?

Hi,

So i just got my Maschine, and loaded up the traktor mapping in traktor and all seems good but when i go to activate a 4 bar loop then look to alter the length with the volume knob which the mapping suggests, traktor skips staright to a 1/32 bar and i can't lengthen it, its like the knob keeps on thinking i'm turn it left? Has this happened to anyone else?
    And when i press button 2 up top to activate fx2 in chained mode, it starts the track again from the beginning! This is so annoying and i've no idea whats the problem?

Also i just realises knob 7 and 8 are way to sensitive, they go from 1 to 127 too quickly, can this be altered?

Are people here using it ok with traktor?

Please help if possible!

Thanks

Ian

bump, anyone?!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Is there a TSI for the Maschine or is it supposed to work natively?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

sounds like a problem with your mapping. could of possibly occured with a traktor update? you should double check to see all your mappings are legit. a quick an easy to do this is to go to your midi map section, create an arbitrary controller, press learn then move the controller that is acting funny. this will then highlight the rest of the controllers you have mapped to that specific knob or button. go through all the highlighted controllers and double check to make sure they are set up corectly

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Is there a TSI for the Maschine or is it supposed to work natively?
    theres a tsi for it, could it be to do with the fact its traktor 1.2 and that this custom mapping is out of date?

I can't seem to find anyone that uses the maschine to control traktor yet, i've tried over a native instruments too. i'll try tho what the guy down below says althought i'm retarded at that!

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    sounds like a problem with your mapping. could of possibly occured with a traktor update? you should double check to see all your mappings are legit. a quick an easy to do this is to go to your midi map section, create an arbitrary controller, press learn then move the controller that is acting funny. this will then highlight the rest of the controllers you have mapped to that specific knob or button. go through all the highlighted controllers and double check to make sure they are set up corectly
    how do i creat an aritrary controller? i've never heard of this before, thanks tho for your reply i'm gonna try this now!

Just create a blank TSI and try the controls that are giving you issues to see if they will work correctly.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Just create a blank TSI and try the controls that are giving you issues to see if they will work correctly.
    ok no i'm baffled, i did exactly as you said, created a new tsi, so everything is blank then i added select fx3 amount which is the knob that was giving me problem pressed learn and again the knob went from 0 to 127, it didn't go up evenly like the others, i tried the other knobs on same command and 5 of the 8 knobs worked. Like i said i'm baffled because these knobs work perfectly in maschine as a standalone and not in midi. Anymore ideas? thanks again, i wish someone else who had a maschine could comment.

Maybe try changing the control type? Instead of a knob/fader try something relative? I know b33son has one, but he's almost never on here anymore
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

If you look at a pic of the maschine, it's actually set up with 8 buttons up top for each fx slot, so I'd love to keep the knobs for fx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast