Plz convince me NOT to sell DB4 for Rane MP2015!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

My bad......at the moment it seemed this was about ppl just talking good things about the Xone DB4!
    Mods, please delete this post if needed.
    I apologise!

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Dude your gonna lowball yourself right out of your DB4, just because you gotta have the newest piece of gear. We have all done it and we all know better now.
    This! I tried to sell my DJM 900 NXS when the Kontrol S8 came out. Luckily i had extra cash at the time so I bought the S8 before I sold my 900 and I realized within 30 minutes of using the S8 that it was a huge mistake.

Thankfully I just returned the S8 within 24 hours and kept the 900, that would've been a catastrophic mistake

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post

I love Rotary mixers, they are my preference....
    I am rightfully intrigued.
    Good point about the USB hub too. I can live with that!
    So you have your answer right?

Enjoy waiting for the Rane, and enjoy owning it once you have it in good health

Cheers, Boris

Tech Mentor

Very kind of you Boris.
    But i am having a touch time selling the DB4.....i thought at a low price it would fly, but i have gotten no interest yet....

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post

btw Deejaesnafu, how is OSX YOSEMITE working with Traktor, Live 9, Komplete 10 etc ?
    May be getting a new iMac so wondering if DAWS and Plug-ins have caught up!

Cheers
    traktor seems stable, ableton itself is also stable , i am having an issue with ableton crashing when i try to load certain instruments via the komplete kontrol vst. its very annoying but i cant tell if i should blame ableton or NI.. i have found work arounds so i can technically route any instrument i need one way or another, but it would be nice to iron it out. in the end i see little difference between OS versions.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

p.s. nyne, in the future, always remember to wait until AFTER namm to make those big buys :P
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

Lesson learnt mate!!!

Default Just turn Your DB4 to Rotary

Just internally switch the line faders to drty wet sliders and vice versa then you have a rotary mixer with awesome effects then all you are losing out on is the Isolator on the Rane however get the Rane and you lose out way more.
    I love both mixers and if i had the cash would own both just been down the same road on buying a mixer got the Xone

Tech Mentor

I don't think matrix inputs makes sense on a four channel mixer with separate top digital/line selector switches like on the DB4. There's no point to it, except for maybe duplicating inputs for effects. The Rane needed more inputs or putting digital/analog selectors on the top where you could reach them, and a three channel matrix version with, say, 6 inputs on the rear would have been preferable. Three line (switchable to phono on the rear) and three digital inputs. Again, with three mixing channels. You can't really get three CDJs and three TTs on it at the same time without having to mess with the back switches right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    I don't think matrix inputs makes sense on a four channel mixer with separate top digital/line selector switches like on the DB4. There's no point to it, except for maybe duplicating inputs for effects. The Rane needed more inputs or putting digital/analog selectors on the top where you could reach them, and a three channel matrix version with, say, 6 inputs on the rear would have been preferable. Three line (switchable to phono on the rear) and three digital inputs. Again, with three mixing channels. You can't really get three CDJs and three TTs on it at the same time without having to mess with the back switches right now.
    The samplers alone are worth having the matrix inputs. I used them constantly to create buildups, re-edit tracks on the fly, and creating a re-send to layer fx. I used the matrix inputs a couple times during that all vinyl set when Gritzen came out to keep part of a tune looped in the sampler while mixing the intro of that same track in on another channel.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast