Hardware vs DJ Software?

Default Hardware vs DJ Software?

Is there is a difference in the sound quality ?
    Is the digital signal processor in the CDJ better than PC/MAC in audio reproduction ?

Which one do you prefer for live mixes? CDJ / Controller?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ziaelektro View Post
    Is there is a difference in the sound quality ?
    Is the digital signal processor in the CDJ better than PC/MAC in audio reproduction ?

Which one do you prefer for live mixes? CDJ / Controller?
    Dude your questions make no sense.

1. The sound output from a Mac/PC is dependent on the source AND the Soundcard you choose.
    2. There is going to be no difference in the sound quality from a CDJ or Soundcard, so long as your soundcard is of equivalent or better audio quality.
    3. If you ask 100 people their Personal opinion they will all give different answers - you play with what you are comfortable playing with. There is no right or wrong.

A CDJ at this point in time technically counts as software self contained in a CDJ shaped box.

If you are really concerned about high audio quality.

1. Ensure your computer or controller has a decent Soundcard
    2. Play only Lossless Files (WAV or AIFF)
    3. Do not use Keylock
    4. Use Digital Audio Connectors from CDJ's where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Dude your questions make no sense.

1. The sound output from a Mac/PC is dependent on the source AND the Soundcard you choose.
    2. There is going to be no difference in the sound quality from a CDJ or Soundcard, so long as your soundcard is of equivalent or better audio quality.
    3. If you ask 100 people their Personal opinion they will all give different answers - you play with what you are comfortable playing with. There is no right or wrong.

A CDJ at this point in time technically counts as software self contained in a CDJ shaped box.

If you are really concerned about high audio quality.

1. Ensure your computer or controller has a decent Soundcard
    2. Play only Lossless Files (WAV or AIFF)
    3. Do not use Keylock
    4. Use Digital Audio Connectors from CDJ's where possible.

The only reason i want to play with traktor routed to a cdj is because i want to see the waveform when im doing a quick mix. I use keylock for harmonic mixes. The reason why i asked you the difference is because i heard a stuttering effect when i lowered the tempo with key lock [ON] in traktor but the cdjs processed the sound so well that i couldn't hear that stuttering effect. So i thought CDJ hardware and signal processing was superior to PC/MAC because it is built for that purpose. Anyways the only way i could test the difference is to record both mixes and hear the difference.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ziaelektro View Post
    The only reason i want to play with traktor routed to a cdj is because i want to see the waveform when im doing a quick mix. I use keylock for harmonic mixes. The reason why i asked you the difference is because i heard a stuttering effect when i lowered the tempo with key lock [ON] in traktor but the cdjs processed the sound so well that i couldn't hear that stuttering effect. So i thought CDJ hardware and signal processing was superior to PC/MAC because it is built for that purpose. Anyways the only way i could test the difference is to record both mixes and hear the difference.
    Ahh ok Gotcha,

The Master Tempo Algorithm on CDJ's does sound better to most than Traktor over a wider pitch range, but not as good as Serato Pitch and Time. So its not really about hardware Vs Software as much as Algorithm vs Algorithm.

Although you might be able improve things by playing around with the Keylock modes in Traktor. Which mode is though is kinda dependent on the % range you need and to an extent what kind of tracks you are playing. HiQ giving the widest Range, while Eco or Normal sounds crisper and less "muffled" with smaller pitch ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Ahh ok Gotcha,

The Master Tempo Algorithm on CDJ's does sound better to most than Traktor over a wider pitch range, but not as good as Serato Pitch and Time. So its not really about hardware Vs Software as much as Algorithm vs Algorithm.

Although you might be able improve things by playing around with the Keylock modes in Traktor. Which mode is though is kinda dependent on the % range you need and to an extent what kind of tracks you are playing. HiQ giving the widest Range, while Eco or Normal sounds crisper and less "muffled" with smaller pitch ranges.
    Ahh thanks