DDJ-SX Pitch slider resolution with traktor - HID or Midi?

Default DDJ-SX Pitch slider resolution with traktor - HID or Midi?

Hi all

I am new to this forum so first of all a big hello from me. I am hoping someone with experience of using a DDJ-SX with Traktor can help me?

I want to purchase a new controller for use with Traktor pro 2 and I am looking at either the S4 or the DDJ-SX. I prefer the layout, look, jog wheels, mixer and pads of the DDJ-SX but the key factor is that I want to Beat Match manually as well as syncing (as I want to mix a lot of old skool/jungle - incl rips I have taken from my own vinyl collection that is tucked away in my loft).

What i really need to know is if the pitch resolution on the DDJ-SX is limited to Midi and will it be accurate enough to be able to manually Beat Match when using Traktor. From what I have read there is not native HID control with Traktor on the DDJ-SX so I am worried that the sliders won't be accurate enough to use via midi?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Tech Guru

The pitch resolution is more than adequate for beat matching manually..the only downside is the jogwheels only being midi and not HID with Traktor...so scratching is shit.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    The pitch resolution is more than adequate for beat matching manually..the only downside is the jogwheels only being midi and not HID with Traktor...so scratching is shit.
    Thanks very much for replying.