Reording set with audacity

Default Reording set with audacity

I am trying to record my dj set using cdm-850's with audacity. Can anyone tell me the cables and set up you need for this to work? At the moment i have a USB cable going from the cdj mixer to the PC. But that is the only connection between these two i have. Then i have a scarlett 2i2 connected to the PC and also connected to two studio monitors. Is there another cable i need connected from the PC to the mixer? Currently i go into audacity and the only recording device i can see is the scarlett 2i2, but no cdj - 850 option. Anyone have this problem or know how to help?
    Thanks

There are several options.
    1.) Do you have Traktor on your PC?
    2.) Do you use CDJ's (USB/CD) with DJM or in HID mode with DJ software?
    3.) Does the DJM-850 have a setup utillity program?

Easiest way is to use a male 1/4" TRS-> 2x male RCA cable to connect DJM's record output to the front of the 2i2 input (don't forget to switch to line input) and then use Audacity to record. Higher quality recording would require recording in Traktor via USB
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I have CDJ-850's, using two USB's for my tracks. And yes i have the setup utility program. I will try what you mentioned. At the moment i have two TRS cables going from my monitors to my mixer. Can i not record this way, or do i have to connect somehow to the audio interface?

Quote Originally Posted by leeguirado View Post
    I have CDJ-850's, using two USB's for my tracks. And yes i have the setup utility program. I will try what you mentioned. At the moment i have two TRS cables going from my monitors to my mixer. Can i not record this way, or do i have to connect somehow to the audio interface?
    The audio interface is whats needed to record. you put your mixers trs cables into the 2i2, set the little toggles to line not instrument. Then you will have audio coming into your computer.

I know on my Mac I run a dual RCA from the record out into a 3.5mm going into the laptop's audio jack. I'd go to preferences, set the jack to take audio in and Audacity would recognize it once I hit record and pressed play.

ok so if i run my TRS cables from mixer to front of audio interface. Then have my XLR cables running from the mixer to the monitors. Should this setup work?