XONE 22 Line Level Volume issues!

Default XONE 22 Line Level Volume issues!

Hey so I have a 3 yr old Xone 22, been fine until the last couple of months. Moderate, regular use, no spillages etc I never use the crossfader or the effects but both levels every mix.

So lately the left hand level surges to about plus 15 - 20% volume without warning. Sometimes its only say 5%, and even sometimes it seems like the MIDs surging through and not necessarily the complete level (but i could be wrong).

Please help if anyone knows, do I replace the fader, the levels or what? - Great solid little mixer, been a trooper but this sh*t is weird (esp at full noise/packed club)

Cheers!

Xone 22's are notorious for their filter pops - possibly related to that?

Is it doing it on both channels?
    Have you tried different cables / sound sources? Could be dodgy RCA / CDJ etc.

I'd eliminate everything else till you're sure it's the mixer that's faulty then take it from there.
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

+1 on the filter. That is the "well known" failure mode.

The next step is to replace the cables from the source to the mixer. The "surge" in signal level is a common failure signature for RCA patch cables.

See if the symptom moves with the cable by swapping the cables between the channels. If that shows the issue moving with the cable, toss that one and buy a new one.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    The "surge" in signal level is a common failure signature for RCA patch cables.
    It is also a signature for dusty faders that need cleaning, with deoxit prefereably
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2