faster to market with the z4 please! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've been very happy with my x1600 for several years now. no issues at all, great sound, midi surface works well (have the eq's mapped to Traktor's eq's so it adjusts both at the same time). Go for it.

or if you wannt step to the next level, the x1700 will give the DJM 900 a serious run for its money!

is the 1700 that much better? the 1600 looks better imo but i guess i could always www.12inchskinz.com
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

the 1700 has 2 independent efx units, it is very much on par with the DB2 in my opinion. and the 1700 has all these cool little nice features like back-lit EQ knobs (really nice in a dark environment).

Denon equipment is often VERY underrated, but is actually built like a tank, with high quality soundcards, and traktor certified.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    the 1700 has 2 independent efx units, it is very much on par with the DB2 in my opinion. and the 1700 has all these cool little nice features like back-lit EQ knobs (really nice in a dark environment).

Denon equipment is often VERY underrated, but is actually built like a tank, with high quality soundcards, and traktor certified.
    The X1600 is a LOT less $$$ than the X1700, and offers more MIDI mapping options. The X1700 has a second FX bank. It's not nothing, but the MIDI mapping makes the X1600 a better fit for my needs.

The X1600 is built like a tank, fun to play with, has more options than I know what to do with. I also have a pair of X500's in 19" racks. They have 5 years of medium use on them, and not a single glitch so far.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

A Kontrol S8 is basically a Traktor certified 4 channel mixer...

+ it comes with a full scratch license. You could sell your old license + soundcard

I have thought about the s8 , not really my thing tho... I'm keeping my existing soundcard and stuff no matter what I decide.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

If you keep your soundcard and stuff, what'd you need a traktor certified mixer then? Might go for an older sweet A&H 4 channel then.

I am thinking about getting a S8 as a 'replacement' for my Z2. I play a lot of regular vinyl and I really enjoyed the S8 though.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    A Kontrol S8 is basically a Traktor certified 4 channel mixer...
    I was REALLY excited when the S8 was announced....until I found out how HUGE that thing is. I would feel like I'm carrying a sheet of plywood into the club!

If NI split that thing into three modular pieces....a four channel mixer, and two control units....I'd be all over that monster.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I was REALLY excited when the S8 was announced....until I found out how HUGE that thing is. I would feel like I'm carrying a sheet of plywood into the club!

If NI split that thing into three modular pieces....a four channel mixer, and two control units....I'd be all over that monster.
    True true... it's definitely too big. But I am 90-100% sure that there will be more modular controllers from NI coming... ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast