New Mixer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Mixer

Default New Mixer

Hi,

OK I am oldschool - been bedroom DJ'ing for 20 years on 1210's and a crappy Numark mixer.

I want to get a new mixer and the main points are:

- I use only vinyl (mostly from 90/91/92) - no computers hooked up and tbh I have no idea about controllers etc
    - I blend mix but am thinking of having a go at scratching
    - I am thinking of getting a CDJ - as much as the only vinyl I don't have is stuff which costs a few quid so am thinking I can just use mp3 for those tunes (although I'd love to keep buying vinyl....its just the cost)
    - I'd like EQ and some FX's/filters to play with
    - I want to start recording my mixes as I've not done it before
    - I mix in the headphones so a master cue is spot on

Now I like the look of a DJM-350 as it has the inbuilt USB but why the hell are they nearly 300 quid more than the 250?! Paying over £400 new for one seems a bit steep.

I'm not sure about buying second hand - I am wary I might fall into a trap of getting a "deal" then it not working out (get something which fails in the short term).
    Budget .... well at a stretch £500 (I'm in the UK) but obviously dont want to throw money at things I wont use - midi functionality for example

Any help would be great as I keep going round in circles looking at A&H, Denon, Pioneer....

Thanks

How important are FX or filters to you? If you can live without them, the Ecler Nuo 2.0 is a great option.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

One thing the DJM 350 has that most mixers lack is the ability to record right onto a USB stick.

Hi

thanks for the replies

I am thinking it would be nice to play with FX but I've done without for 20 years...it would be nice though.

The UBS was what jumped out but reading around I could use an rca/usb converter into my laptop....but its slightly more hassle I guess...but i like the 350 - it just seems alot of cash

you can look at the xone 23's if you are on a budget

Dude, get the 350 it is a really sweet little mixer, if you only need two channels.

Good simple EFX, pioneer sound quality, good headroom.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Dude, get the 350 it is a really sweet little mixer, if you only need two channels.

Good simple EFX, pioneer sound quality, good headroom.
    thanks for all the replies

I'm thinking the 350 is for me - now I need to decided if I go second hand or buy brand new

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Dude, get the 350 it is a really sweet little mixer, if you only need two channels. Good simple EFX, pioneer sound quality, good headroom.
    It only has a Master effect so if, for instance, you filter on channel 1, channel 2 will also filter. I had the 350. It was annoying.

lol i mean you gotta take the good with the bad, the OP has certain requirements and he wants a solid mixer. Honestly I'm pretty sure no mixer company will ever make the "perfect mixer", every mixer had that one little negative thing you don't like about it. Pretty smart...they will sell mixers forever if they keep leaving out little important features. hehe

Schalenberg

DJM 400 is the better choice, and cheaper. My 2 cents.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast