Turntables to VCI-400
    Tech Wizard

Default Turntables to VCI-400

When I bought my VCI-400, I didn't think I would add turntables to it. Fast foward to now, and I'm lucky to go ahead and add them to my setup. But...no phono preamps on the 400. Should I try to get a S4 or just buy an Audio 6 to use with the 400? I also have records (not timecode) that I'd like to play on the turntables.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ditch the VCI and get the S4 or a mixer.

Tech Wizard

That's pretty conclusive. Any big reason behind just getting the S4?

Well Vestax is out of business and if you want to stay with a controller I'd go S4. You didn't really specify that you either wanted to get another controller or ditch them all around. I personally wouldn't waste time with an external soundcard and the VCI.

Tech Wizard

Yeah, ditching it and getting something else is an option. The only other controller that's all-in-one is the Denon MC6000mk2, but the ergonomics don't look as nice. I guess having both a controller and soundcard would be too repetitive. Thanks for the responses so far!

I have a VCI-400 and a set of STR8-150's that work perfectly. The line/phono switch is a godsend. Vestax isn't dead just in the process of being reformed. Use what you like I'll take my VCI over a S4 any day of the week.

Apparently they make Phono to Line Preamps as well that range from 15 to 80 bucks. Never used one though so I don't have any experience with em. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ne%2Caps%2C296

Tech Wizard

Those STR8-150s are quite nice with a phono/line output control. I'll either trade for a S4 or just buy an Audio 6 to hook up the turntables to. Thanks!