MF Combos in Ableton?
    Tech Convert

Default MF Combos in Ableton?

want to know if it's possible to map combos in Ableton on a Midifighter Spectra...

I've searched but haven't found anything - I'm really only interested in whether this is actually
    a supported feature - not really wanting to go down a rabbit hole of hacks... my set is already
    using ClyphX and Max4Live plug-ins - i don't want it to get any more convoluted than it is now..

cheers.

I think you probably could set up combo's in Ableton, but you'd need to get pretty clever using grouped FX, and utilising the chain selector, and even nested racks (possibly even using Dummy Clips if you want any kind of automation (sweeps, etc...)).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Thanks,

how though? - I'm pretty well acquainted with racks and chain selectors but how can you actually map a command using more than one button?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Are you after the MF secret MIDI notes which are triggered by pressing some specific button combination?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Are you after the MF secret MIDI notes which are triggered by pressing some specific button combination?
    hmmm, how do these work on a controller level? Does the controller send a different midi cc/note when specific combinations are pressed?
    Does the Twister have this functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by simotron View Post
    Thanks,

how though? - I'm pretty well acquainted with racks and chain selectors but how can you actually map a command using more than one button?
    Tricky one, I saw Mad Zach doing like this on one of his videos once, in midi map mode he held one button then pressed another to get the combo. Not sure how this works.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mega_john View Post
    hmmm, how do these work on a controller level? Does the controller send a different midi cc/note when specific combinations are pressed?
    That is correct. The MF 3D or Spectra will send out different Note massage depends on what button combination is pressed ether in a row or in a certain amount of time. This super combos are secret but you can find that information if you search the Forum

Does the Twister have this functionality?
    On other side the Twister doesn't.

Tricky one, I saw Mad Zach doing like this on one of his videos once, in midi map mode he held one button then pressed another to get the combo. Not sure how this works.
    You can accomplish that if you put your midi fighter in to the Ableton mode. Check the manual for more information about it.

Tech Wizard

Great info, thanks Stewe!