Quick question about cheap recording solutions

Default Quick question about cheap recording solutions

Hi
    I've been a constant reader of the forums although not a constat poster on Djtechtools.
    Before anyone asks yes I did try to find something with the search tool but nothing appeared.

I've been trying to find a cheap recording solution that I can use with my set up. Thing is, I lost my gear about a year ago and had to start almost from scratch, I got a Macbook air which has a in/out headpohne jack that doesnt allow recording from regular cables, it has to have 4 rings.
    I thought about getting and Irig that I could connect but as I was told by someone on the Amazon forums the signal might be too hot. I have an Allen & Heath Xone 22 and I was supposed to connect it to the Irig via the recording output.

Anyway I was wondering if the answer from the amazon forums was correct and if anyone knows of a cheap -i'm really tight on money right now- way to record from this mixer.

Thanks!
    Nicolas

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA2.../dp/B000KW2YEI

or any other external sound interface with 2 RCA inputs (I used Creative SB MP3+)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I use one of those UCA222's, (pretty much the same as a 202) great device for recording from analog to digital.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.