Sync Itunes to traktor

Default Sync Itunes to traktor

Is there an efficient way to to sync my iTunes library to my traktor collection so i can edit the comments in traktor and then use iTunes smart playlist and filter the comments i made in tractor ?
    thank you

iTunes doesn't have active folder monitoring, so as far as I know, there's no way to do this.

However, if you edit a track ID in Traktor, then select "get info" for the track in iTunes, it does seem to update with any tag changes, such as genre, comments, etc. If the track is currently loaded into a deck it won't update though.

There's other methods I've found. For example, if you edit a track ID in iTunes and then load the track into a deck in Traktor it will update with any changes.

I most commonly edit genre tags with this method, but you may find it too tedious.

There may be an external software program that can synchronize Traktor and iTunes, but I'm unaware of such a thing.

My personal method is to use Foobar to handle all the tag information with the Discogs auto-tagger, MP3tag to rename the files with the tags, iTunes to attach album art (because it does the best job of it, I think) and to sync with my iPod and create label playlists, then finally Traktor for analyzing and beat-gridding.

It's a bit complicated, but I haven't found one program that handles everything well.
    Last edited by Glitchwerks; 02-06-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Have you guys tried using Beatport Pro? I use it to edit and create playlists and they show up in my Traktor just fine.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    if you edit a track ID in iTunes and then load the track into a deck in Traktor it will update with any changes.
    Anytime I edit anything in iTunes and once I load that track in a deck, it won't load and I need to relocate the track. How do you get this to work? I import the music from the iTunes node into my track collection and playlists. I'm using Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.8.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    Anytime I edit anything in iTunes and once I load that track in a deck, it won't load and I need to relocate the track. How do you get this to work? I import the music from the iTunes node into my track collection and playlists. I'm using Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.8.
    If you have iTunes set to keep your media folder organized (in the preferences, advanced,) it will rename files if you edit certain fields.

If the file names are changed, Traktor will need you to relocate the song.