free compatible music software for snow leopard and lion (imac)

Default free compatible music software for snow leopard and lion (imac)

i have a late 2006 imac and have been trying to download 'Free' music software which i can make beats from or even record songs on using condensor mics and all that but it seems that most of the software i try to get always tell me they can not run because they are not compatible with my computer .. is their any which are compatible with late 2006 core 2 duo imac running snow leopard or lion?

Here's what you do, go out drop 99 on a controller. Right here, http://www.agiprodj.com/novation-lau...ulkaAtwH8P8HAQ

Comes with a free basic version of Ableton. (you can always download an older version once you activate). Your in biz for $99. No such thing as free software if you wanna get in the game for real.

Ardour... its for mac, linux and windows

cant you get garage band for free from apple now?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Latest Garage band is like 5 bucks - easily worth way more than that!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I highly doubt its your computer not beinig compatible, more likely not compatible with the OS - unless you have only a small amount of RAM - in which case upgrade it to 8gb ASAP.

I would recommend an upgrade to OSX Mavericks, my old macbook (pretty much the same spec as your Imac) has been given it a completely new lease of life - and its free.

Once you are upgraded, get garageband as suggested (free too) and the main soundpack/drummers for $5 - it is a very capable and easy to learn DAW despite it being targeted at the beginner market (being free n' all) - and gives you a seamless upgrade path to Logic Pro when the time comes.