Teardown of Pioneer PLX-1000 - a look at the insides - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

just bought myself a pair or pristine conditioned m3ds. after watching this video, im glad i made that decision.
    DJ: Pioneer DDJ-SX // Sennheiser HD 8 DJ
    Production: Macbook 15" // Ableton // M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Keyboard // KRK Rokit 5 x2
    Soundcloud ii My Setup

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    What's a good price to buy a good pair of M5Gs?
    I picked up a pair for $750 an year or so ago. But good luck finding even one at that price.

Schalenberg

I actually just won a bid for a pair of MK2's for $700 on ebay, but I haven't paid yet. Afraid to pull the trigger. I'm scared!

I actually just won a bid for a pair of MK2's for $700 on ebay, but I haven't paid yet. Afraid to pull the trigger. I'm scared!
    Lol you're one of those guys huh? I'd leave negative feedback for doing that.

Tech Convert

Nope, don't live in Media One

I was equally disappointed as all you guys were

Ps. What non american would have a clue what the 'C' in Washington DC means without Googling it?

Schalenberg

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I'll most likely buy them.

How does this Pioneer stack up against all the Hanpin-made knock offs?

Tech Convert

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I'll most likely buy them.
    Buy them

Tech Mentor

I would like to see a comparison of the insides of these http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rp-7000 vs SL 1200 MK2
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Quote Originally Posted by djmichaelk View Post
    I would like to see a comparison of the insides of these http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rp-7000 vs SL 1200 MK2
    Not a comparion of the insides but a good personal opinion on real use of them:

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Are you going to be using them mainly for DVS or for playing traditional vinyl? For me the difference comes down to the pitch fader- this for me is the one area where the Technics trumps all others. If you are mixing a lot of traditional vinyl and particularly if you like to use the pitch fade for nudging / pitch riding, then I would go for a decent pair of Technics over the Reloops.

That said, for DVS use- particularly if you don't pitch-ride much (despite this being my sole way of mixing real vinyl I barely touch the pitch fader when using DVS) I would take the RP7000 all day long. I've used them a few times and absolutely loved them. All the extra bells & whistles may or may not be of use to you but even discounting these they are fantastic tables (and you don't have to put up with the fixed RCA cables of the Technics- probably my biggest issue with 1200s/1210s).

As well as my pair of 1210s I have a pair of Vestax PDX 2000mk2s (in terms of features an older equivalent of the Super OEMs with high torque, start/stop time adjust, reverse, ultra-wide pitch etc). I generally use these for DVS and use my Technics solely for mixing actual vinyl.

I have on several occasions considered selling both my Vestax & Technics and buying a new pair of the RP7000s, but in the last couple of years I haven't used DVS that much so almost all my turntable use has been playing actual vinyl- and due to my style of mixing being done almost solely with the pitch fader I just can't bring myself to give up my 1210s. They annoy me in several regards- the hard-wired RCAs, grounding issues, overly sensitive to stylus setups compared with other TTs I've used etc, but that pitch fader is just incredible.

I know some of those issues would probably be sorted with a good service, but my Vestax are even older, have led a much harder life, have never been serviced, and don't give me a hint of trouble- so keep in mind that whilst Technics are very reliable it does not mean that others are not, and a used pair of Technics are going to have led a much harder life than a brand new pair of Reloops...

So take from that long post what you will, but in my opinion if you are inclined to use the fader on the TT a lot then I'd go for a (good) pair of Technics- but make sure they are in top condition. If you are going to use them mainly for DVS, or you aren't playing a type of music suited to long drawn out pitch-riding mixes (trance etc) then I would take the newer, better featured RP7000s. They look fantastic too.

All just my opinion of course
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast