Dear Beatport - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Beatport

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    My understanding is that the main Beatport site is going to switch over to streaming services to compete with Spotify.

Beatport Pro was created for DJs who need the music files.

Two services, basically. I don't think they plan on you streaming during a gig.
    Right, it's targeting two different audiences. A streaming beat port would be great for music discovery - then some kind of discount to buy the actual track to play offline in a set.

Both my Hold Bin and Shopping Cart survived. I'd be livid if not, and BP would be out the $170 I just pulled the trigger on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkox View Post
    I remember when youtube and soundcloud changed and many people did not like it and I do prefer the original beatport too. Once u get used to it major changes does not do any got for me.
    beatport pro is designed for mobile devices but a lot of the cosmetic changes don't work on the desktop version.

i like the new soundcloud visually. i just don't like the features they took away. like seeing the activity people you follow have been up to. they're likes, comments etc. their mobile app looks alot better but they took away so many features a lot of people have stopped using it. myself included.

Dear Beatport, FLAC files?...

Tech Wizard

Haha, the very first day beatport changed to Pro I changed my bookmark to the old one

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post
    Dear Beatport, FLAC files?...
    They already have WAV for most tracks, but its more expensive than other sites.

Tech Wizard

I remember when BP was a full flash site, that was painful.
    but I remember the version before that also, when I had to get off my ass, walk to a shop and carry the music physically back to my house. Painful in another way.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mega_john View Post
    I remember when BP was a full flash site, that was painful.
    but I remember the version before that also, when I had to get off my ass, walk to a shop and carry the music physically back to my house. Painful in another way.
    Good point. What we gain in the ability to listen to any track in the world from anywhere - you lose that experience of going to the record store and hanging out with guys, getting recommendations etc. Though of course the internet does that too now!

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    They already have WAV for most tracks, but its more expensive than other sites.
    Which is pretty annoying, to be honest.

I really like the Bandcamp model. One price, any format you want.

More and more of the underground techno labels I like are moving there, thankfully.

Yeah I know. I usually get the apple lossless then convert it just so I don't have to mess around editing tags and album art, and stick an MP3 of it in the same directory so Rekordbox knows what to do with it...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast