Using S2 with NI Audio 10
    Tech Convert

Default Using S2 with NI Audio 10

I've had an S2 for a while now and feel like I'm starting to outgrow it a bit.....

I was toying around with getting a Audio DVS device for traktor, its expensive so I'm not jumping straight in, but my thought was that I could use my 1210's for traktor tracks C&D, the S2 for cueing up and looping decks A&B and then mixing them all through my djm800 mixer, using the A10 as the soundcards to split them all into the different channels on the mixer.

Does anyone else do that (or something similar) and know if it works?

I can't do it at the moment as I don't have enough space (my house mate has a DDJSZ commandeering most of the table) but he's talking about moving out, which will free up a lot of space.

You are going to want to upgrade to something with a built in 4 channel mixer like the s4 or s8, then you just get the scratch software upgrade and you can run everything through the controller. With this setup you wouldn't need an audio 6 or 10 just the controller and your 1210s
    Like this with an s4 instead of an s8.
    Traktor-Kontrol-S8-DVS-Setup.jpg
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

Tech Convert

Sorry, I'd actually totally forgotten I'd started this thread.

I'm actually in the position to buy now, so I've decided I'm probably going to go the s4..... However because I use my 1210's for normal records too, I'd still like to be able to play these both through my djm 800 too

Is it possible to split the out signal from the 1210, and have it running to both the djm800 and the controller?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    Sorry, I'd actually totally forgotten I'd started this thread.

I'm actually in the position to buy now, so I've decided I'm probably going to go the s4..... However because I use my 1210's for normal records too, I'd still like to be able to play these both through my djm 800 too

Is it possible to split the out signal from the 1210, and have it running to both the djm800 and the controller?
    Just plug the 1210's into your S4 and change the channel to live input.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    Just plug the 1210's into your S4 and change the channel to live input.
    But I want them on desperate channels on the mixer itself.

I think I can do it with phono switches anyway