Akai LPD8????

Thread: Akai LPD8????

Default Akai LPD8????

Ok. So can I just plug this into my computer and Traktor 3 will automatically let me assign midi controls to it? I am also using a Numark Stealth control. And an external hard drive. So this will fill up my laptop USB ports. Will there be any power issues? And will I be able to use it at the same time as my Stealth control?
    Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    Ok. So can I just plug this into my computer and Traktor 3 will automatically let me assign midi controls to it?
    (you'll maybe need to install drivers, but I'm not sure... a lot of people here can tell you as they own an LPD8...)
    CHECK HedgeHog REPLY

Will there be any power issues?
    I don't think so, unless you're using a usb hub

And will I be able to use it at the same time as my Stealth control?
    If you've got 3 free usb ports, yes, you'll be able to use both at the same time + your HD
    Last edited by minimalmintek; 11-07-2009 at 05:46 AM.
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

As the LPD8 is a standards-compliant USB device you'll have no problems plugging it in and be ready to rock.

If you use a stone-old OS like Windows 98 (some people still do as the viewing stats on my page show) you might have to install the software from the little CD included in the package if it's supported at all.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community