Im Going To The Darkside Switching From NI To Serato or Should I? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

and tons more control vinyl options for DVS...cause I'm all about looks.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Serato has it perks I prefer a more traditional mixing style and serato allows me a not overwhelmed gotta touch everything approach...

That meaning when I'm in traktor o could spend the entire set working effects and not adding anything to the performance worth merit.... Now if I had the time to yes remix decks are cool very handy but I'm not so much into that style of things...

I do however like to hook up my volca beats and keys and receive drum patterns live for fun or hammer out some weird synth fills with the volca keys but I doubt I'd ever do it live at a gig as things
    Can get complicated real quick by doing that

Tech Guru

I use both now, since I won a DDJ-SX2. Which i use depends on where I'm playing. Ive used TSP since 2010, back then it was years ahead of Serato, but IMO after playing with Serato DJ since December the gap is much much smaller. I have nothing bad to say about serato other that the crates
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    I use both now, since I won a DDJ-SX2. Which i use depends on where I'm playing. Ive used TSP since 2010, back then it was years ahead of Serato, but IMO after playing with Serato DJ since December the gap is much much smaller. I have nothing bad to say about serato other that the crates
    Thanks for your opinion I really appreciate it.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

All the programs are fairly similar. Traktor is better for finger drumming, not a huge deal breaker for myself. Serato is more designed for dvs and a classic style of mixing.

I used traktor for the first 2 years of djing and have used serato for the last 3 years.

Serato is definitely more respected, for the sole fact that traktor can be torrented very easily.

i had traktor back in 2010 but switched over to serato 2 years ago. i like it a lot better for its more traditional mixing set up. i don't use much of the features like finger drumming and/or sample decks but if i do, i have them on my ddj-sx.
    i just picked up some technics and will continue to use serato for dvs.
    DJ: Pioneer DDJ-SX // Sennheiser HD 8 DJ
    Production: Macbook 15" // Ableton // M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Keyboard // KRK Rokit 5 x2
    Soundcloud ii My Setup

Tech Convert

You cant go wrong with either. I use Serato, as do most of my friends, but I have a few that use Traktor and it's a great program as well. I refuse to say that Serato is better just because I use it and am more familiar with it than Traktor.

Tech Convert

Honestly the decision comes down to your mixing style and at times your controller. I've got both Traktor and Serato on my computer, I've used both but I prefer serato. I find it to be much cleaner and less cluttered than Traktor, and it suits my mixing flow better than Traktor did, but again that's just my two cents. Use what works for you.

Tech Convert

Serato is def alot of fun to play on, mixing is super easy with waveform so simple to read beatmatching even 4 tracks is not that hard after a little practice. The effects are more than enough for the average mobile DJ doing weddings and parties like New years, holidays and such. I would say the one huge leg up I give to serato is the crate system, I went from VDJ to Traktor to Serato and now I feel like any event I DJ that I have done before is 100x easier to prepare for because my entire setlist from that event is archived, as well as the lists of new music across my genres can be found quickly the way the crates are setup.

I jumped from Traktor to Serato about 6 months ago main reason NI sound cards have dodgy usb ports and the fact Traktor kept on crashing I jumped ship and have NOT looked back sold my X1 and am very happy hey I used the sync a lot with my X1 but am a TT guy from 20 years so am more than happy looking cool because I AM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast