Im Going To The Darkside Switching From NI To Serato or Should I?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Im Going To The Darkside Switching From NI To Serato or Should I?

I kinda feel shortchanged by NI and it seems like all the good stuff is coming out for Serato I've got a line on a nice VCI-400. Im not sure what I should do although I know I want to keep my Z1/X1/F1 combo Im thinking about ditching the 4Trak and starting almost over with Serato. For some reason I feel like Serato has a ton more features than Traktor am I wrong Ive never used Serato before.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Oh well so much for switching to Serato they dont support AMD processors lol.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

probably not the best thread to be starting...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Please lock it.

Take a look at the features of both and see which has more that are applicable to your style. "More" can be very subjective.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Not going to disagree, Serato has a lot more selection (and cooler) for hardware support a la Pioneer and others. I would look into your mixing style. I bought a DDJ SX2 and loaded pioneers mapping. I loved the controller, but I couldn't figure out how to get the remix decks to work with the mapping. I looked every where for a manual on how to use it and couldn't figure it out, so I returned it. I use the remix decks quite a bit... I don't think Serato has remix decks or an equivalent (I could be wrong).
    At the end, it's not a what's better software, that's a personal opinion, it's what's better for you.

imo the F1/X1/Z1 combo is the best controller setup of all (maybe needs a added soundcard for some occasions)

The modularity is just so cool:
    -playing at a venue that has a 900 nexus. Use this, leave the Z1 in your bag (together with your backup ipad w/ Traktor DJ).
    -Not much space in the booth.... X1 and F1 can fit pretty much everywhere.
    -The club equipment sucks... just use the three of them together.
    -Houseparty where you don't want to bring all your equipment... just use the Z1 with an ipad.
    -The club has a super nice setup with CDJ 2000s... plug them in for some HID fun, leave the x1 in the bag.

etc etc.

The build-quality could be better and it would be my all time favourite setup.

On the software side. Serato is definitely catching up (charging you for every added feature), but still I think Traktor has more features (if you need all of them is another question...)

traktor > serato

in my humble biased opinion
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Guru

Both have their merits. I prefer Traktor personally because I'm quite experimental in my approach to music. The only killer feature Serato has for me is the side by side waveforms.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

this^
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast