HELP! - Kontrol F1 and Ableton Live 9.1
    Tech Convert

Default HELP! - Kontrol F1 and Ableton Live 9.1

Hi Folks,

I've searched the web for a solution to this and really struggling... I DJ using Traktor and have an S4 and F1. I've just started to get into Ableton and trying to use my F1 as a MIDI controller to play synths/drums etc.

I came across a few mappings, this one (http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=73348) demonstrates exactly what I'm looking to achieve but I can't seem to get it fully functioning.

I've installed the Maschine MKII files to the Resources folder in Ableton and loaded the map into the Traktor Controller editor. I also select the relevant settings in the Live Midi settings etc.

The pads work when I drop an instrument onto a midi deck in Live but nothing else seems functional as per the video. The biggest issue I'm having is being able to launch/play/stop clips but namely shifting octave in Live to access different notes on an instrument with the the F1 pads.

I can shift octave on the keyboard using the 'Z' & 'X' keys which changes notes on the laptop keyboard but the only way i seem able to shift octave on the F1 is to remap each pad to a different note. Am I doing something wrong, I don't have the extra functionality when pressing the shift and sync/quant keys etc. to change octave and bass note etc.

I'm using LIve 9.1, is this something to do with the change in template files for Machine MKII and Ableton Live 9.1??

I've been pulling my hair out for a week now trying to solve this, any help would be much appreciated! Is there anyone out there that has the same issue and cracked it??

Adam

In the MIDI sync tab do you have Track/Sync/Remote checked on your Hardware?

Tech Convert

Hi, thanks for the reply. I had midi and remote enabled but not sync. Just tried that however and makes no difference...

In the video I mentioned above when the guy hits something on the controller, Live picks it up in the bottom left corner as Maschine, I don't see anything at all in the info bar regardless of whether I select Maschine or Kontrol F1 as the surface control device. The pads just work as they are assigned to notes. Do you think that has anything to do with it?

I read in a couple of old forums that there wasn't support for the Maschine MKII in Live 9.1 but they are from a year ago and the files made available on dropbox from the guy in the video are for Live 9 so i'm assuming they are now up to date?