PLX-1000 > 1210 Mk2 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default PLX-1000 > 1210 Mk2 ?

I have had my eye on the PLX-1000s for a while but too expensive so had no real intention of buying them... I'm currently a proud owner of set of 1210 MK2. However, the option to buy a cheaper than usual set of PLX-1000s has been presented to me, I would need to sell the 1210s to fund the purchase and now I have the choice I am frightening to make the jump.

The biggest selling point to me is the pitch range, I use Traktor exclusively and regularly mix different styles of music together, or mix music you can't buy digitally so would be a vinyl rip.. basically a wide array of tunes with the pitches all over... If i load a track that is too slow i'm either forced to press sync or select something else and mark it down to increase the pitch manually later so that it can fit into sets. (i'm a turntable dj at heart so sync is usually avoided, i like proper beat matching)

This is where the need ends, I don't want to buy a lower quality product, I've never seen them in the flesh, reviews are good but do they match up to the mighty Technics that basically last forever?

Has anyone doing anything similar and regretting it? loving it? Would love to hear some advice off DJs who have tried both.
    Last edited by goodbytes; 02-12-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Don't do it. 1200MKII's are the DON of TT's.

Not sure about your pitch range argument - pitching anything more than 8% either way usually sounds terrible.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    And just a few days ago there was a thread on here with links to a video review exposing major feedback problems with the PLX 1000. Don't know where the thread has gone, but here's a .

Not sure about your pitch range argument - pitching anything more than 8% either way usually sounds terrible.
    Not necessarily. If there's vocals involved maybe, but if not, there's no reason not to try (for example some people had quite cool results with playing house/techno records on 33 instead of 45, check this set if you'd like a taste )

When I run into this issue from time to time while playing DVS, I just sync the individual track and go back to normal pitching afterwards.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

It's only an issue when I am playing faster music... sometimes i will play a set up to 180bpm and slower tracks won't be up to speed at +8 sometimes can be down to a slow produced track or slow vinyl rip. Only thing to do is press sync which is.. meh..

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    And just a few days ago there was a thread on here with links to a video review exposing major feedback problems with the PLX 1000. Don't know where the thread has gone, but here's a.

Not necessarily. If there's vocals involved maybe, but if not, there's no reason not to try (for example some people had quite cool results with playing house/techno records on 33 instead of 45, check this set if you'd like a taste )

When I run into this issue from time to time while playing DVS, I just sync the individual track and go back to normal pitching afterwards.
    yeah either sync it or put it on 45 -8 but sometimes that can be too fast.

Thanks for the video will check it out later, will check out the set as well.

Tech Mentor

hi torque at 4,5 is confortable ..
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

There's a reason Technics have been considered the best DJ turntable ever made. Mine are 1996 vintage and have only been serviced once, work like a dream.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Tech Guru

Yeah if you can pick up a Technics in good condition they are still the way to go. That tear down video is sad.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    Yeah if you can pick up a Technics in good condition they are still the way to go. That tear down video is sad.
    The deal has fell through anyway.. It would have been my 1210s + 300 cash for the brand new PLX-1000's... the guy started ignoring me and then said he has had lots of offers and doesn't know what to do, I instantly withdrew my offer, I had a 10% discount code for decks.co.uk so spent the money on some new Sennheiser HD25s instead.

I'm a little disappointed because I still have the pitch problem but probably a blessing in disguise, i love my Mk2s i've spent a lot of money on them replacing parts upgrading RCA's etc and they are in great condition, something that will be hard to come by in the future.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    The deal has fell through anyway.. It would have been my 1210s + 300 cash for the brand new PLX-1000's... the guy started ignoring me and then said he has had lots of offers and doesn't know what to do, I instantly withdrew my offer, I had a 10% discount code for decks.co.uk so spent the money on some new Sennheiser HD25s instead.

I'm a little disappointed because I still have the pitch problem but probably a blessing in disguise, i love my Mk2s i've spent a lot of money on them replacing parts upgrading RCA's etc and they are in great condition, something that will be hard to come by in the future.
    What's the pitch problem?
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    What's the pitch problem?
    Not a technical problem, just the limited pitch range of +/-8 when playing faster sets, i usually play sets between 175-180bpm. However the tempo's of tracks can range from 140bpm (don't ask) to 175bpm.. anything around 150bpm can't be mixed as it's still too slow at +8 (33rpm) or too fast at -8 (45 rpm).... Only option is to press SYNC which as a vinyl DJ i'd like to avoid or just not play the track.

I can manually adjust pitch in some audio editing software to bring it up to speed but this is tedious and i have hundreds of tunes that would need doing and it also causes problems when I do want to play these slower tracks at their actual speed in a slower set.

Hope that makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast