Bitwig

Thread: Bitwig

Default Bitwig

So I have been a fruity loops user since 1999 I started using ableton in 2006 and never really could get into it for producing and remixing. I always felt it was more for mashups and live jams with samples and such like that....

So I was mixing last night and happen to pick two tracks that how can I say sounded "magical" together... Now I have been usuing ableton a little bit again but still have a dislike for it especially when routing to my hardware gear....

So now there's Bitwig I can't pull the trigger on the purchase without hesitation that it'll be another DAW that sits unused on my systems... I am downloading the demo now to see but would like some real world comparisons...

Would also like some feedback on it

Bitwig's very Live-like and if you don't get in good w/ Live, I'm assuming the same would be the case for Bitwig.

I'd try going a different direction completely - Studio One, (which I love for mixing, not so much for arrangement, tracking/recording) ProTools, Cubase, Logic...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Persevere with Live mate. It seriously cannot be beatn for remixes/mash-ups.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Yeah I know I really wish I didn't have such a dislike and distrust with live... I quit usuing it years ago because it kept resetting all my vst programming parameter changes every time I saved and re opened and I could never resolve it and after loosing multiple sessions to this I refused to ever use it again... Now fast forward some years to present day and now I'm trying to rekindle my relationship with it but I guess I have forgotten more then I thought I knew or what not......

Yeah just downloaded a demo of Bitwig and yeah not much difference between live and it so will not purchase and just try to come to a mutual agreement with live....

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Bitwig's very Live-like and if you don't get in good w/ Live, I'm assuming the same would be the case for Bitwig.

I'd try going a different direction completely - Studio One, (which I love for mixing, not so much for arrangement, tracking/recording) ProTools, Cubase, Logic...
    i use Studio ones Mastering suite for web masters of my tracks and mixes

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post

I agree it is Live like but I didn't get in good with Live but fell in love with BitWig, I can't quite put my finger on it I just find the interface a little easier to work with, and once you know the interface that is half the battle.

I did go back to Live and found it much more enjoyable, I picked up a lot in Live due to Bitwig that i didn't when I first tried Live.

Out of the 2 I prefer Bitwig.

on a side note ..bitwig is like the worst name ever... it always makes me think of bugs lol
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Haha yeah this weekend I'll take a more in depth look at the demo if I decide to get it will likely get with the arturia package

Tech Wizard

I use Live. I love Live. It's more than a mashup/bootleg tool. Compared to other DAWs I've tried (Logic, Cubase, Bitwig), it's ease of use is quite high. That midi thing about reverting to a different parameter? That should be solved with the Parameter option in the midi. The arrangement view might not *look* as pretty as other DAWs, but for laying down beats and notes it's quite fast (again compared to others). FL Studio is the only other DAW (for me) that was close, but switched from it several years ago because it required a lot of CPU for its GUI (back in 2003).