why so much lag with time code in traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default why so much lag with time code in traktor?

I just built out an asus h81t csm super thin mini itx mother board with an i5 4570s and 4g ram. Im running win7 pro 64 bits w traktor 2.6.8. I have mk2 time code vinyls. My calibration circles look great. Initially, w 6ms buffer and default settings in traktor preferences there was very little, almost unnoticeable delay in audio when moving the record back and forth. I didnt change anything and now there's a half second of delay between record movement and sound. I tried changing the buffer size and nothing. I put it at 128 samples (2.8ms) and there was no audio dropouts or glitches but the time code is still sluggish. I changed the keylock settings to "slow cpu" and this did help for a little bit. Now it makes no difference what the keylock settings are or if its on or off. Its still unusably slow. My midi controllers work fine and will move the track back and forth without lag. What else can i try and why is this not consistent? Thanks.

Since you haven't specified what NI sound interface you use I assume you don't own a legal copy of TSP2?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I bet you've got (probably a delay) effect switched on... Check your FX units.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Since you haven't specified what NI sound interface you use I assume you don't own a legal copy of TSP2?
    I have a Denon dn-x1600. its legal and scratch certified. I also tried using usb 3.0 since windows said it would run faster but no difference there either :/

I checked effects and they're all off.

Quote Originally Posted by circleA View Post
    I also tried using usb 3.0 since windows said it would run faster but no difference there either
    yeeeah....thats definitely NOT the reason. lol

First things first:
    post ALL of the gear you use (you mentioned midi controllers and such)
    post large enough pictures of your Traktor settings: 1. Audio 2. Input 3. Output 4. Transport
    post your setting in Denon Asio driver utility (set them to 44khz, both the mixer and setting in asio driver)
    try using just the X1600 and TT's. delete any tsi you use (even for the X1600). if it works fine, add other controllers step by step.

if that fails, reinstall traktor (some users on denon forums reported that solved their problems with x1600)

also, just to clarify: the sound is ok, it just has a abnormal delay?

Tech Guru

in my experience lag has been caused by 44.1 vs 48 bit rates...make sure the software and mixer bit rates are set to the same
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Ok so when i unplug my two cmd pl-1's and beatstep and then restart traktor there is no lag. As soon as i plug in even one of them, the lag starts. Each controller has twice the lines of mapping code as factory. Could the extra code have something to do with it or can i just not run any other midi controllers? The x1600 midi still works w no lag tho. Thanks for the help so far.

When i unplug my two cmd pl-1's and beatstep the lag is gone. However, after 10 min of playing today traktor wouldnt recognize the timecode and right before that the lag came back.

Quote Originally Posted by circleA View Post
    Each controller has twice the lines of mapping code as factory.
    Could you elaborate? Do you mean you use (large) custom TSI mappings?

As I previous said: delete all mappings, add one by one. Make sure you import them properly, also assign in/out ports accordingly. Do not connect X1600 via USB HUB, plug it directly.

I've noticed this with my DJM850 - used alone, there is ZERO DVS latency, but adding in controllers introduces significant latency!

My understanding of latency just went out the window...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast