Can I have 1 F1 to manage Remix decks and another for Freeze Mode or another mapping?

Default Can I have 1 F1 to manage Remix decks and another for Freeze Mode or another mapping?

I've been trying to have 1 of my Traktor F1 to manage one of the remix decks and another F1 mapped for Freeze mode or effects ?

for some reason I think I've done something wrong because if I load a new mapping for the F1, both F1's do the same thing.

I want to manage the remix decks with one F1 and with the other another random mapping of my choice.

Can it be done?

Thanks

Absolutely can be done, quite easily..
    Start on page 110 in the F1 manual. Determine which mode your mapping was created for and setup accordingly. When you load the .tsi in Traktor's Controller Manager, be sure to choose the correct in/out ports for the designated F1.

Tech Wizard

I'm pretty sure I have seen this in a YouTube demo...

Tech Wizard

Yes you can however there is 1 downside when using 2 F1's (trust me I've been struggling with those b****es for some time now).

you can simply change the name of your F1's using the controller editor name 1 F1-1 and name 1 F1-2, guess you've already done this, but this will make it able to use 2 different F1's.

now for the mapping stuff, make sure you have the factory mapping 2 times in your mapping list, 1 assigned to f1-1 and the other to f1-2. This will allow you to use 2 remix decks.

Now go to the settings of the F1 where you can select user or midi mode (you probably know this already).

USER mode:
    Don't bother making 2 mappings for the different F1's, only 1 at a time can switch to USER mode.
    When you have both F1 in remix deck mode you can switch 1 to USER mode by pressing shift+browse.
    However when you wanna change the second F1 to USER mode the first 1 will change back to remix deck mode which kinda sucks if you ask me.
    You don't have to assign the user mode mapping to a specific F1, it will just keep changing to any F1 you turn into USER mode.

MIDI mode:
    With MIDI mode you CAN make 2 alternative mappings for your 2 F1's.
    Just add 2 generic MIDI mappings and assign them to the F1's.
    MIDI mode however is a bit harder to map since you have to know how the HSB colors work and have to figure out the CC's etc.

So simply said if you only need 1 F1 to be in an alternative mode at a time use the USER mode which is easier to map (just remove all the standard USER mappings before building your own), or when you need both F1's to be in alternative mode at 1 time you'r gonna have to map them in MIDI mode..

I've send many emails to NI to fix the problem with USER mode, but they just don't seem to care..

Hope this helps
    Love it when it all comes together.