Vestex VCI-400 Audio Dropout Issues (Traktor 2.7.3, OSX 10.10) I need help.

Default Vestex VCI-400 Audio Dropout Issues (Traktor 2.7.3, OSX 10.10) I need help.

Hey guys,

Towards the end of my set at the bar I'm DJing at, the audio completely dropped out on my VCI-400. What first started to happen was I couldn't hear anything in my headphones when trying to cue up the next song. I double tapped my cue monitor button, as well as checked my cue levels, but it was definitely dead. About 10 seconds later...the audio drops out completely. I unplugged and replugged my VCI-400, but that didn't fix it. I ended up restarting Traktor, then it started working again...

This happened one other time when I was practicing in my room. I couldn't cue, then the audio dropped out, and it wouldn't come back until I restarted Traktor.

Thank god it was during the end of my set, because I only played like 3 more songs, but if I had loss my play states half through I would have been hosed.

Any ideas what this could be? I'm on a rMBP 15" (2.3,16,512,750m)

Thanks!
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

does the vci have a traktor soundcard in it? i thought it was a serato controller... otherwise what soundcard?

how long between the time it happened in your room and the gig?

how old is your usb cable and/or do you always use the same usb cable to connect?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    does the vci have a traktor soundcard in it? i thought it was a serato controller... otherwise what soundcard?

how old is your usb cable and/or do you always use the same usb cable to connect?
    I'm using the soundcard built into the VCI-400.

Between the time in my room and the gig? At least 2 weeks. Also, I reinstalled OSX and Traktor this week before this gig.

I'm honestly not sure about the USB cable. I think I'm using the one that came with the controller. Do you think the USB cable could be going bad?

It would be the first thing to rule out... But since it's not happening a lot it will be hard to pin point. At any rate it's something to try ..get a new cable and see if you can reproduce the problem...if u happen to have another soundcard I'd try swapping that too.

It could also be an issue with Yosemite...I'm also running it but haven't tested traktor over 4 hours yet.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

It would be the first thing to rule out... But since it's not happening a lot it will be hard to pin point. At any rate it's something to try ..get a new cable and see if you can reproduce the problem...if u happen to have another soundcard I'd try swapping that too.

It could also be an issue with Yosemite...I'm also running it but haven't tested traktor over 4 hours yet.
    Yeah I've realized that I'm trusting a random USB cable I had lying around my apartment. I just ordered a chroma cable to be safe.

Thanks for responding! I'll post any updates if I get anything.

I was just prepping for tonight and the issue occurred again tonight. I was playing a song in deck A, I loaded another song into deck B, and i couldn't cue it. I triple checked everything to make sure that I should be able to hear something. I then loaded another song into deck B, then the audio dropped out completely. The song in deck A was still playing in Traktor, but my VCI-400 was not getting any audio.

I started power cycling and switching settings to see if I could find a quick way to fix this without restarting Traktor, and losing all my play states...I discovered that the problem still occurred when I switched the audio device over to my built in speakers. The audio would actually come in for a split second sometimes when I switched between my VCI-400 and my built in speakers, but Traktor is certainly to blame for this issue.

Ultimately had to close out of Traktor, and force quit it since it hanged on close. Restarted it now its fine again.

Any ideas? Known issue? I go live in 30 minutes...lol.

You can run traktor with a self made midi mapping or one someone else has made. But its not native.

Unless its the ean golden vci 400 special edition. then it works with traktor properly.

I have a regular vci 400 and switched to serato for the fact that its natively compatible. No mapping required, just firmware and audio update from serato.

Random thing tho, try turning off your wireless networks/bluetooth. It stopped serato from having dropouts after a 2-3hr session for myself. Might work for traktor too!

Hi,
    having the same audio issue. I'm using TSP 2.7.3 with OS X 10.10.2 on a 2012 MBP 13". Using Audio 6 and Timecode Vinyls. Seems to be an Traktor Software specific bug...Had the issue nearly everytime I was using TSP 2.7.3. Clean Install of OS X did not help at all. Support of NI told me to downgrade to 2.6.8. It's running fine so far, but I would like to use 2.7.x some time... Let's see, what NI will do with this buggy releases