Help! What controller should I get alongside my launchpads?
    Tech Convert

Default Help! What controller should I get alongside my launchpads?

Hello everyone,

wanted to see everyone's input or opinion on what you think I should get to match with my 2 launchpads. I have always DJed live with my Traktor S4, but lately I have started DJing (in my room for now) with two launchpads and a Korg NanoKontrol to touch up effects and all that.

Now, I kind of want to start DJing like that live, and I've been looking around on Youtube and online to see what people are using. Madeon, one of my favorite artists, uses the Allen & Heath Xone K2, and that looks awesome to pair up. Then Novation makes the Launch Control and Launch Control XL which seems like a great fit also cause it's Novation. I saw some people use the Behringer BCR2000, and that also looked like a great controller for what I'd like to do.

What do you all think? What do you think would be best for what I am trying to do? Or do you have any other suggestions that you think are also great for this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Fil

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can also consider getting Livid DS1 if you have more budget.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can also consider getting Livid DS1 if you have more budget.
    Just checked that out, looks great. My budget unfortunately is only around $250. Do you think it would be a better idea to get one of the ones i had in mind for that price range, or save up a little and look at something more costly like the DS1? Or in other words, is the quality gap much bigger or not that much for the extra 150-200 bucks?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEBULAE View Post
    Just checked that out, looks great. My budget unfortunately is only around $250. Do you think it would be a better idea to get one of the ones i had in mind for that price range, or save up a little and look at something more costly like the DS1? Or in other words, is the quality gap much bigger or not that much for the extra 150-200 bucks?
    Yes, I'd recommend saving up for DS1, build quality of Livid stuff is supreme and their units are fully supported in Ableton and Traktor.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Yes, I'd recommend saving up for DS1, build quality of Livid stuff is supreme and their units are fully supported in Ableton and Traktor.
    thanks! i'll definitely keep that in mind then.