How to play a great set with a screwed up mindset - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just go and do your thing. Clear your head and concentrate on the task at hand, and put your soul into it, just like every performance. You're there to entertain, you just have to do it, no one else cares about your problems.
    I had a girlfriend who broke up with me 2 weeks prior and she showed up to a bar I was DJ'ing at. I knew she was there... I kicked everyone out of the booth and just threw down. It was one of my best performances. The owner complimented (he never compliments anyone) even the other resident DJ walked up to me and just said "holy shit, that was awesome"

Use your emotions to feed your set....Play 'Hello' by Lionel Richie

lionel11.jpg
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    Use your emotions to feed your set....
    Actually, that is very much true. Some of my best gigs were done while I was emotionally...fucked up for the lack of better word. Broken relationships, anger, sadness,.....these are all universal emotions and everyone can relate to that if you do your tracklist properly. Of course, don't expect punters on a Top40 night to be able to appreciate a deep house tune about a long lost lover

For when I see my ex in the crowd:

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

you guys are awesome!
    thanks for the kind replies! the thing is, is not about performing, or not performing, at all. Of course I do the job I get paid for. Of course I deliver something. I know its like every other crappy job in the world, except its not crappy at all. Its not that I'm actually going home to feel sad or something. All I was asking about was how to deal with those issues in the booth, to play a decent set. And to be honest, you guys gave some some great food for thought. In the future I will try to influence my sets even more by my emotions. Even if they are "bad". And I use the "", because I think emotions are never bad, just their feeling and how the have an impact on me, are bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12