Live Genuises... Clip launching and Tempo change.

Default Live Genuises... Clip launching and Tempo change.

Guys, I was wondering what my options where to achieve something. First off, Im using the Will Marshall Ohm RGB template and the reason that that is important is because with all the dummy clips I dont think I can use the launch tempo option from the master channel because it would launch a ton of dummy clips.

Basically what Im trying to do is take some odd songs that I never get to mix because they are in a much lower BPM and sandwich them in between 2 higher BPM tracks. So say track A is 128BPM, Track B is 88BPM and track C is 128BPM. Basically I just set it up so track a gets through the buildup then stops and track B comes in on the drop. then track B gets to a buildup and then track C comes in on the drop.

I have a few BPM ramping M4L progs but those are usually done by hitting the start button and it ramping up over so many bars. I want just a hard cut BPM change. Is there a way to set a global BPM change at the launch of a new clip?

So Track A plays at 128 and as soon as it stops and track B gets launched it will auto change to 88BPM. Then once track B stops and C is launched it gets changed back to 128.

Is something like this possible? This is the first time Im messing around with mixing BPM that are more then 10 or 12 BPM apart.

[quote]First off, Im using the Will Marshall Ohm RGB template and the reason that that is important is because with all the dummy clips I dont think I can use the launch tempo option from the master channel because it would launch a ton of dummy clips.[/qwuote]

Right Click (master Channel) > Insert Scene

Name that scene to the tempo, and stick your low tempo clip in there on it's own... No chance of launching any of the dummy clips.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Patch, Im on live 9, When I right click the master channel I get 4 options:

Edit info text
    Insert audio track
    Insert MIDI track
    Insert return track

For shits n grins I tried insert audio track. That makes a new channel just to the left of the master channel. I did like you said. renamed it to 88 BPM and put a clip on it. tried launching the clip and it did not change the BPM.

Further more, When I highlight master channel and I go up to the top bar of live and open up "create", Insert scene is not highlighted/Clickable.

Dont click on the Master Channel header, click on one of the numbered scenes on the master channel.

I can't remember if it will insert a scene above or below the one that you clicked on, but you CAN insert a new scene that will contain no clips.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Got it. Thanks so much Patch.

No sweat.