CDJ-900nxs vs. XDJ-1000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CDJ-900nxs vs. XDJ-1000

I've been using CSJ-900 Nexus for the last year and just received my XDJ-1000s. Trying to decide which set I like better / which ones to keep.

I like the 'pro' feel of the Nexus better - buildout of the 1000 feels a little more budget, and lacking digital out and such.

On the other hand, do like the new features on the 1000.

What do you guys think?

Tech Wizard

Depends where else you play and what kit they have. If you just play tunes at home I’d go with the XDJ even if only for the touch screen search function. Build quality’s not such an issue in this environment either, likewise not having a digital output. If you mostly play in clubs and they don’t have the XDJ then stick with the CDJs – if you get too used to searching for tracks with the touch screen you may struggle on “older” players that don’t have this feature.

Schalenberg

I had the 900s Nexus, sold em, and just got the XDJs. For me, it came down to a money issue. And I think with the XDJs you get more bang for your buck.

IMO, the only thing that the 900NXS has over the XDJs is build quality. The XDJ has all the features and more that the 900NXS has. The 900NXS lacks hot cues & a tilted display which don't seem like major issues, but are extremely nice to have and would be tough switch down to.

Interesting to hear this. We've been renting a set of CDJ-900 Nexus and are going to be either buying a set of those soon - or the XDJ-1000's.

Would you guys recommend either one over the other for use at a weekly at a club - and personal practice use?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Does it work with Traktor(HID mode)? If so, I may just get these instead of the 900s NXS

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Interesting to hear this. We've been renting a set of CDJ-900 Nexus and are going to be either buying a set of those soon - or the XDJ-1000's.

Would you guys recommend either one over the other for use at a weekly at a club - and personal practice use?
    I think the CDJ-900 Nexus would be better suited for club use. Build quality and the option for CD's (you still get the odd DJ and even some big names that rock a CD wallet) for a club install scenario I would go for this.

If you store them at home and maybe one or two residents are the only ones using the gear you should be alright with XDJ 1000's.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Tech Guru

Better yet search for some second hand CDJ 2000 mk1's
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Deinfamous View Post
    Does it work with Traktor(HID mode)? If so, I may just get these instead of the 900s NXS
    Nope, none of the newer players support Traktor HID. And I would be extremely surprised if this ever changed, NI seem to be moving away from 3rd party support for their software.

I think it is just the CDJ-400, CDJ-900mk1, CDJ-2000mk1, and CDJ-2000nexus.

You'd get good second hand deals on all of the first 3 for less than the XDJ-1000 or 900nexus. 2000nexus would be a tough one to justify purely for Traktor use.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    Better yet search for some second hand CDJ 2000 mk1's
    I've got a CDJ2000 and a CDJ900 NXS. I prefer my CDJ900NXS over the CDJ2000, but I don't really use hot cues. I like the feel of the platter more, but I do miss the tension adjust sometimes.

I like the layout of the screen more too.

I'm hoping to trade my CDJ2000 for either a 900NXS or a XDJ-1000.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast