Vestax VCI-400 Jog-wheel/Cap-touch issues
    Tech Student

Default Vestax VCI-400 Jog-wheel/Cap-touch issues

Hello,

Didn't see any previous threads covering this, so hope it's alright. I'm having issues with my Vestax, it works fine with any programs I use, but I'm having hardware issues.

The capacitive touch pad/platter on the right jog-wheel no longer reads any touching. I've tried all the tips using the sensitivity adjustment knob, but that doesn't help. I tried taking the platters off, as I read somewhere that the contact between the platter, and the mounting to the jog-wheel can have issues. Even still, touching the base it is connected to doesn't work for me (while doing this for the good jog-wheel does work), not even if the sensitivity adjustments again. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this issue, and knows of any fix, or if I'm out of luck (given, it seems, that Vestax went under). It's become pretty much a deal breaker to have to keep using the sensitivity knob to change the function of the wheel.

Thanks for any help!

-David

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you get your VCI from ProAudioStar? I had the same problem and it ended up being corrosion between two contacts. It's hard to explain. I'll pull apart my spare platter when I get home and take some photos for you.

Same problem here but with the left jog-wheel and it works but I have to press extremely hard on it. The sensitivity is all the way up. That link doesn't help, padi_04. I took the right and left jog-wheels apart to check if there was a noticeable difference but they look exactly the same, feel the same, have the same amount of play. I cleaned the board and all connections and no difference. When I pull down on the bottom of the sensor or push up, it seems to respond to touch normally but there's no way to ghetto rig it like that.

There is a brass ring that the platter spindle sits inside. Is yours flush to the plastic? Mine needed a few taps with a plastic hammer to set it properly also there is a connection area between the circuit board and the plastic section that needs to make good contact and is prone to corrosion. If both of these don't fix your problem I have a spare perfect condition platter I could sell to one of you.

Tech Wizard

Ive had 2 VCI-440s EGE, the wheels on both of them went out progressively, having to push down harder to eventually not at all. This actually led to creating very strange deck sync issues in traktor that neither Vextax, DJTT nor Native Instruments could explain. I just resorted to turning the wheels off and not using them at all then the problems with sync went away but no more wheels.

Tech Student

Default jog wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Im Shy View Post
    I have a spare perfect condition platter I could sell to one of you.
    hi there ... do you still have that part in hands?
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dk21291 View Post
    Hello,

Didn't see any previous threads covering this, so hope it's alright. I'm having issues with my Vestax, it works fine with any programs I use, but I'm having hardware issues.

The capacitive touch pad/platter on the right jog-wheel no longer reads any touching. I've tried all the tips using the sensitivity adjustment knob, but that doesn't help. I tried taking the platters off, as I read somewhere that the contact between the platter, and the mounting to the jog-wheel can have issues. Even still, touching the base it is connected to doesn't work for me (while doing this for the good jog-wheel does work), not even if the sensitivity adjustments again. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this issue, and knows of any fix, or if I'm out of luck (given, it seems, that Vestax went under). It's become pretty much a deal breaker to have to keep using the sensitivity knob to change the function of the wheel.

Thanks for any help!

-David
    It appears you're not the only one with this issue I'm having the same problem and I've checked Cerrado forms as well and the general consensus is that something in the right job will is defective I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but as soon as I do I will post
    mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13", S4,VCI-400EG, F1 Rokit 5's