Microbrute vs Waldorf rocket

Default Microbrute vs Waldorf rocket

Anyone have either or both and what's their thoughts?

Tech Mentor

Don't have either but I've been eyeing the Microbrute because of the analog inputs and outputs and a midi to CV converter. I plan on getting it to start a eurorack modular synth.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Yeah I have a volca keys volca beats and volca bass so I think the microbrute would fit right in

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Anyone have either or both and what's their thoughts?
    I have the microbrute. Had it for about 3 months now and I love it. Very versatile in the sounds that it can make. One of the things that attracted me to it was the small size and limited controls. Fits perfectly in my work station and forces you to get creative to come up with new sounds. The patch kit that come swith it also adds more options.

I have it set up with midi as well to control some stuff in ableton.

If I had one criticism I would like to have had bigger keys. I'm not a piano player but at times i'll accidently hit keys then I'll have to rerecord. IF this is a deal break for you, you can check out the minibrute but it cost more money.

Quote Originally Posted by m2lawren View Post
    I have the microbrute. Had it for about 3 months now and I love it. Very versatile in the sounds that it can make. One of the things that attracted me to it was the small size and limited controls. Fits perfectly in my work station and forces you to get creative to come up with new sounds. The patch kit that come swith it also adds more options.

I have it set up with midi as well to control some stuff in ableton.

If I had one criticism I would like to have had bigger keys. I'm not a piano player but at times i'll accidently hit keys then I'll have to rerecord. IF this is a deal break for you, you can check out the minibrute but it cost more money.
    Lotta people say the microbrute is more powerful

Yeah I would agree... I almost purchased one jut recently but I had to calm the rgas down... Until I start getting back intro production heavily there's no reason for me to start dropping money for no reason.... Cash in the bank is likely more beneficial so yeah I've stopped spending lately was getting out of hand because had been selling off gear..... Ideally I can finish selling off gear and maybe pick up or maybe just save cash

Don't sleep on the CV capabilities of the Micro/Minibrutes. Get yourself an expression pedal or another synth with CV out/in and you can do some wild stuff.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Yeah I would agree... I almost purchased one jut recently but I had to calm the rgas down... Until I start getting back intro production heavily there's no reason for me to start dropping money for no reason.... Cash in the bank is likely more beneficial so yeah I've stopped spending lately was getting out of hand because had been selling off gear..... Ideally I can finish selling off gear and maybe pick up or maybe just save cash
    lmfao I know what you mean. The microbrute was my last purchase then i told myself I need to calm down. There's really nothing more I need. I was selling and buying like crazy last year but I've settled on my current set up. There's always going to be the next best thing and I'm always going to want it but with credit cards comes great responsibility! lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Don't sleep on the CV capabilities of the Micro/Minibrutes. Get yourself an expression pedal or another synth with CV out/in and you can do some wild stuff.
    I've seen a couple videos with it used in combination with out synths. It looks absolutely insane but I currently on a purchase freeze (see above comments) lol

Tech Mentor

Just bought the Microbrute. I really love it. It gets pretty crazy. My only complaint is I wish they would have given it CV control of the LFO rate instead of saw. That way you could have the envelope control the LFO rate, but I guess that's just a matter of preference.
    Last edited by mrdorianjames; 04-17-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental