Sorting my music out properly - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Ever tried the iTunes where it organizes it for you? Tried it once and didn't like it though.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tr1ggerf1nger View Post
    Mixed in Key Platinum notes and metabliss are excellent programs to fine tune and rinse your tracks before they hit anything you use to play them. PN is not as important as the other two, metabliss will bulk tag your files for you, remove spaces and numerical characters, and MiK will rinse the meta tag so they read perfectly in browses. I have spent way too much time in prep, that's a strong point in this game. Forget about sorting through folders, dump files into one big ass crate with everything in it being able to browse fast and easily. You will make your playlists and sets within the traktor ecosystem.
    Hey Guys,

My first post here. I wanted to thank everyone for the great posts on this forum, its been very very helpful.

Ive heard of the programs above and wished I had a mac so that I could use them but I don't. Is there a windows alternative to mixedinkey and metabliss? I did try out something like mixed in key for windows but theirs no way to save it to the tag. I'm in the process of sorting all of my music before my second gig and ive spent hours upon hours just sorting and im really not looking forward to tagging everything one by one. I was also wondering if anyone has seen a windows program that will normalize volumes? I think at one point I had something called media monkey but really didn't want to go thru moving everything again. Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks

Bump... any suggestions? I'm dedicating a full day to tagging music tomorrow so if nothing im going to just figure it out as I go.

Tech Convert

Just make the proper folders and it will display as such out of your drive! Check it out play around with locations!

Quote Originally Posted by DjPaulC View Post
    Bump... any suggestions? I'm dedicating a full day to tagging music tomorrow so if nothing im going to just figure it out as I go.
    Mixedinkey is available on windows
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

The other piece of advice is to delete most of your library if its pirated and start again. If you are only buying tracks, your collection will be much smaller, and much more likely to reflect your personal music style. My DJ library is only 800 tracks, and I cant see it getting much larger.[/QUOTE]

This was great advice i now have a collection off 60 and slowly adding more but i really know my tunes now. i used to always be forever thinking off what tunes to mix next but now It comes instant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12