Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid Life Crisis

Tech Convert

Default Mid Life Crisis

Hi all,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this gear I'm looking to purchase,

Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus
    Pioneer XDJ 1000 x 2

I have managed to get a decent price for a package but wanted to get some thoughts before i purchase, its a big step for me and tbh the wife thinks I'm having a mid life crisis, but what the hell you only live once.

I am also looking to switch from Traktor Pro to Rekordbox but am unsure if this is the right move, i would like to only have to do this the once so making the right choice is crucial, i would like to go with an industry standard (if thats possible).

Thanks in advance

well recordbox is included with the pioneer pkg.. keep traktor and if you like it better it can also be used with that setup.

win-win
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Schalenberg

I have this setup currently. If you have the money, go for it. But if it's gonna hurt the pocket, especially having a family, maybe it's safer to go with the XDJ-RX.

Ideal setup for me honestly... I'd love to have those at home so I wouldn't have to mess around with Traktor.

Schalenberg

You only YOLO once.

I'm selling my 900 nexus in the FS section in case you are considering used. Either way, it is an awesome machine. I also think your choice of XDJs over CDJ900 or 2000 nexuses is a good one. Enjoy!
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tell the Mrs. the gear is cheaper than a yellow, convertible Porsche.

Have you considered A & H mixer-wise? Can Rekordbox still be used with Pio XDJ's and a non-Pio mixer? I have a 900 NXS, and really like it, but I think I would have really liked A & H better.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Can Rekordbox still be used with Pio XDJ's and a non-Pio mixer?
    Yes.

I'm just gunna chime in here. If yal DJs think you're spending too much on your home set ups, head over to some production forums and witness GAS on a whole other level

Well I am torn between similar setup but think I'm going to go with the xdj-rx as its almost identical hardware wise... And a few k cheaper my main controller is almost on its last leg maybe so I have prepped the wife that there will be another purchase coming soon lol.... But yeah I'd go for it it's great looking setup and I really enjoy record box once I kinda got my tracks all sorted the way I wanted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast